Chapter 6: Friday Night

Gerard P.O.V

Lindsey was so beautiful. I don't know how she decided to be my friend at all. I saw the way guys looked at her today when she walked down the hall with me. I know Lindsey would have noticed and ignored them.

"So how did you like the pep rally?" Lindsey asked me as soon as we were out of the auditorium.

"It was pretty energetic. Looks like this school has a whole lot of spirit." I said to her.

"You mean it Smells Like Teen Spirit." Lindsey gave a smile. I laughed at her pun.

"Nice one. Do you like Nirvana?" I asked her.

"I love them!" Lindsey said. Before she can continue, Steve patted Lindsey's back and the rest of our group came.

"Dude, that was an awesome entrance!" He laughed.

"Well, I never actually knew that was the plan." Lindsey said.

"Wait, so Vlad and Turtle just winged it?" Guadalupe asked.

"Well... they planned it. I just wasn't in the huddle." Lindsey said.

"Your brothers." Sarah said.

"Lindsey!" Although Mikey and I have been in this school for only a week, I recognized Big Tommy's voice.

Big Tommy came and gave Lindsey a big bear hug. "You are so adorable up there and that was an awesome entrance." He said.

"Thank you." Lindsey gave the biggest smile.

"Are you guys coming to the game? It's a home game and we're playing against Washington." Big Tommy said.

Everyone said they were going, but my heart dropped a little. Right away Mikey gave me a small pat on my back.

"Are the Way brothers coming?" Big Tommy asked us.

"Uh, give them some time." Lindsey said and turned to us. "Stay here." She whispered to us before she turned around. "I'll tell you." She said to Big Tommy.

"Okay. I would love for you guys to come and see me play. But it's alright if you don't." Big Tommy said before he left to go locker. The rest went to their lockers too.

Once everyone went, Lindsey pulled us into the auditorium. "You guys don't have to go." Lindsey said as the door closed behind us.

"I don't know. Big Tommy looked like he was hoping we went." Mikey said.

"I know he does, but I think those Traps will be there too. And I don't want you guys getting hurt either." Lindsey said. "So if you guys don't want to go, it's okay. Big Tommy will understand."

"N-no." I said. "Lets go. What are the chances of seeing the Traps there." I knew I was lying, but I really have no idea what I was doing.

"Are you sure?" Lindsey asked me. I nodded my head. Mikey looked like he wasn't quite sure either, but he also agreed anyways.

"Okay... well if they try to beat you just come and find me." Lindsey said.

"Okay... Is the school's field the one that is, like, in the middle of colony of houses?" Mikey asked.

"Yeah, that's the one. We get in for free. You just have to enter were Officer Martinez is. He's a bald guy with a very thick Mexican accent, you can't miss him." Lindsey said. "But meet me by the north gate, the one on Gregory Street, and we can go in together."

"Okay. What time does the game start?" I asked her.

"Seven thirty." She said.

After the conversation was over, we went back to the hall and to our lockers. Lindsey's brothers, Vlad and Turtle, were waiting for her.