Afternoon

Negan
She learns I'm alive and all she wants to do is leave? With those shitheads she calls her "people?"

I laid there, playing what had happened over and over in my head. Trying to make sense of it all. She had tried hard to stay awake on the ride back but soon had fallen asleep the way she always did on car rides. I had carried her in and for awhile just watched her sleep. Blinking back as if it were another dream and I'd wake up again. But she was still there. Her hair was shorter than I remembered. Darker too. Every time I looked at her, it felt like nothing had changed. Nothing at all.

She began to stir from where i had laid her down. Groaning as i moved from my own spot to sit up. "Afternoon, sleepy head." I smiled as she lifted the blindfold and threw it to the floor.

" I smiled as she lifted the blindfold and threw it to the floor

''I see you still can't manage to stay up during long rides. Glad that hasn't changed either.''
She stayed sat. Looking around the room and her eyes met the door. "it's locked'' She shifted her gaze to me without saying a word. ''I knew you'd want us to have some privacy after so much time apart. Or at the very least you'd want it to be easier if you tried killing me.'' I stood from the bed. Letting the sheets fall from my waist. ''Take it all in. I'm sure you've missed it'' I smiled again. "I'd prefer the bat this time.'' Her reply was cold and quick.

"You haven't missed it? That's a first. Could never seem to get you off him before.'' I went to the bathroom while she remained seated. I could hear her raise from the other room and go for the door. "Didn't believe me the first time?'' I craned my neck to stare at her. In all her angered glory.

"Dwight's also on door duty just in case you did manage to pull something. Told him don't break the door down if he heard screams though.'' I winked to her disgust and went back to getting ready for the day. "Negan!'' She shouted my name. Had it been that long since she said my name? "Don't worry, honey. I'll make sure to make the bed.''

Ann had now stood in the doorway. "I can't leave the room? I already know the deal.'' I turned the knob to the shower and spun to meet her pissed off beautiful glare. "How about we have this conversation in the shower? Nice and steamy, just how you love it.'' I slinked my arm around her waist as the steam from the shower filled the room. "You can leave.'' I leaned down to whisper in her ear. ''But there are rules. And you need to learn those rules.'' I pulled her tighter into me. ''Come on, clear your head with me. It's been a stressful morning for the both of us.'' She pushed me back when she felt my arousal poking against her thigh. "Fine. But don't complain when i leave you out of all the fun.'' She stormed out of the bathroom without another word.

"If you get hungry i'll have them ready something for you.'' Ann had resumed her position on the chair. "I'm fine.'' She kept her eyes on the ground with her arms crossed against her chest. "You never did like when things didn't go your way.'' I went to my dresser and pulled out her gift from a few years ago. ''Remember this?'' I turned to her as i slid the leather on my shoulders. ''Said i looked so damn sexy in it?''

I knelt to be at eye level with her. "I didn't recognize it. Thought maybe it was just someone's shit you took after you smashed their brains in." She spat with her sarcastic tone. I put my hand to her knee and grabbed her chin to look at me. Catching her wrist when she went to move my hand. "I'm not going to ever hurt you, Ann. We've both changed a bit wouldn't you say? Take some time to process the situation. We can talk about this after you can look at me without wanting to murder me.''

I stood and walked to the door. "I'll be back in a few hours. Till then take a shower, read a book. I still have some of your favorites in my collection.'' I pointed to the shelf of books above the bed. I blew her a kiss, slamming the door as she rushed to stop me from leaving. "Negan!'' She yelled from the other side. Pounding and shaking the knob. "No one in. No one out. I let go of Dwight's collar. My wife was home. God damn it's going to be a good day.