Hey

Ann
"Hmm." I looked around to see the empty, and seemingly never ending hallways as I closed the door behind me. "Where am I off to?" I whispered to myself, strolling down the halls, really unsure of what I was doing. Perhaps a small part of me was subconsciously gathering notes in case I ever needed to escape. But, that won't need to happen, right?

I didn't really want to be seen nor bothered by any of Negan's rowdy men. So I hid when they passed the halls and down the corner. "She's really bitter about it." I heard one of the men say as he walked with another. Who doesn't eavesdrop, though? "They know what he was, though. I'm surprised she even cares." The other man finished and I grew curious as to whom they might be talking about.

"This ones probably just flavor of the month, anyways." I raised an eyebrow and waited till they passed so I could make my way down the hall, continuing my little exploring.

This place is pretty big. Anyone could get lost if they don't know their way around. I thought, and decided it was best to mark my tracks so I could find my way back to Negan's room.

After leaving a few breadcrumbs for myself, I eventually grew tired of wondering and decided to head back to the room. "I didn't steal it." I heard a man yell when I passed by the main hall. By main hall it was basically one room Negan stuffed people who couldn't do as much for him like his little bitch Dwight could. "Please, it's one can. My family haven't had a full meal since we got here and Negan expects us to work while we are starving." I looked up from the door and quietly opened it, sneaking in.

No one seemed to notice since the focus was all on the two men and their argument. "I don't care why you need it, you haven't earned it." The man and a few others began to close in on the other and I knew something bad was going to happen.

"Please, just not in front of my kids." He kneeled down and I started to make my way down the stairs.
I ran over, getting in between him and the others trying to punch him. "You missed him with that one." I grabbed my cheek, looking at the man who hit me accidentally. "Who are you?" He screamed in my face when I covered the terrorized man with my own body.

"I'm Ann, and maybe you should learn some manners."

This is none of your business, bitch." He went to push past me. Before he could, I grabbed him by the hem of his shirt and swung as hard as I could, the punch knocking him down.

"You were about to hurt a nice young man while his family watched. All because he took an extra can of food. That is my business." I knelt down in front of him and took the can, handing it back to the man behind me. "My names Ann, if you ever have a problem like this again come to me and I can help." I smiled at him before being pulled by my shoulder and spun around to face the very angry looking Savior.

He went to hit me and I was prepared to kick him in the crotch. "Wait!" A soft voice came from the crowd and we all turned around as a petite girl with blonde hair and blue eyes stopped us.

"You can't hurt her, she's Negan's wife." The man quickly let go of me and stepped back, apologizing profusely. "I didn't know." He looked down and I titled my head. "No worries," I walked over to him and took his face in my hand, examining the new mark I left on his cheek. "That looks like it hurts more than this." I patted him on the shoulder.

I walked back over to the man and his family and promised if they needed extra, I could arrange something with Negan. "That goes for anyone else who might be in need." I turned to the crowd. Negan wasn't the only I could reach. This place was hell and I wouldn't be wasting my time just sitting in that damn room. I could help and that would be worth it.

"Hey." The girl who broke up the fight ran over and stopped me. "Can I help you?" I raised an eyebrow. "I'm sorry about that, Jerry never has worked well with others." She smiled and I shook my head. "It's fine. Not the first time I've been in a ruffle I didn't start." She smiled and gave a slight chuckle. "You sure do know how to finish it."

"That honor goes to you." I patted her on the shoulder and went to walk away. "I'm Crystal, by the way." She ran in front of me, extending her hand towards me. "Nice to meet you, Crystal. I'm Ann." I took the offer and shook. "You're Negan's wife, right?"

"In a past life. Now, I'm more of his...roommate." I chuckled and began walking back to the room. "Although it's big, word gets around fast here." The girl spoke behind me.

"I see, well, it was a pleasure to meet you." I again started to walk away, but she stopped me. "That looks like it could use some ice." She pointed to my redden cheek, smiling weakly. "I'm sure it does, but I'll be fine. Thank you." But she pulled my hand and started to walk us up the stairs. "Nonsense, you helped that man. Now it's time to let me help you."

I wasn't sure if I should pull away or not. But decided the sting was a little harsh. So, why not? I didn't want Negan demanding questions if he caught sight of my mark. "Thank you." I smiled and followed her to a supple room. "I'm always for making new friends." She looked back at me and smiled.