Brynn: And You Convinced Me

I awoke the next morning gloriously achy. Even my womanly parts were feeling the dull strains from last night's reconnection. Inhaling, I tried to bring my body up, but a warm arm flopped over my stomach, pulling me in, not allowing my body to move elsewhere.

"Don't go..."

Giggling, I turned my head and snuggled into the warmth of Van's neck, enjoying the feeling of waking up next to him. His arm tightened around my waist and his thick accent began to fill my hearing sense. "Mornin'."

He inhaled deeply and stretched out his muscles. I had to wonder if he was every bit as sore as I was. I then leaned in to kiss his neck. "Good morning yourself." Popping my eyes all the way open, I propped myself up onto my elbow, smiling down at the man beside me.

Van opened his eyes and reached up for my face. "Why are you so beautiful even in the morning?" His hand threaded through my hair and wrapped around my neck. As he started pulling me down to his lips, my bedroom door opened. I froze, wide eyed when I saw Georgina peeking her head through the door frame.

"Brynn. There's some.... Oh my fucking god!"

"George!" I quickly grab a pillow to cover my bare naked body as I pulled the sheets up to cover Van's, although I knew he didn't mind if anyone sees his glory.

"I am sorry! I didn't realize there was somebody else in the room!" Georgina laughed, looking over the edge of my bed, to our clothing on the floor.

"What do you want?" I asked, feeling my cheeks heated. Georgina was about to say something, but she swallowed her words and looked over to Van.

"Can I talk to you... privately? With your clothes on, please?" Georgina shot her head at me, signaling me to come over to the door. I quickly grab my pajama top from the floor and slipped on my underwear as I shuffled my way to her.

"Give me five minutes," I told Van.

"I have all day," Van chuckled, licking his lower lip.

"What is it, George?" I whispered, peeking my head out from the crack of my bedroom door. Georgina quickly pulled me out of my room and shut the door behind us.

"Why the fuck is Van here?"

"It's a long story," I smiled, twirling hair strands around my finger as I remembered Van's grand, dramatic gestures from last night.

"Steele is waiting for you outside," Georgina tapped her foot, pointing at our blue, front door.

"What?!" I was then reminded of my routine before Van reappeared into my life.

"Did you ask him to come and pick you up this morning?" She shot a glance at me, pursing her lips.

"No!" I shook my head. "I can't let him in. Van's still here!"

"And that's a problem because.....?" Georgina asked with furrowed brows.

"Because he can't know about Van yet," I stomped my feet.

"Wow. Brynn. I didn't know you're this shady. Planning to keep them both, huh?" Georgina laughed out loud, raising her brow at me.

"No. It's not what you think," I exhaled loudly. "Please, George. Could you make up a lie for me, please? Tell him I left or something."

"Urgh. Okay. Okay," Georgina moaned, dragging her feet towards our blue door. I then heard her speak inaudibly to Steele before she shut the door again.

I felt bad that I had to lie to him. But it was not like we were dating or anything. So, telling Steele about Van was actually not important at all.

"Everything okay?" Van asked when I reentered my room. He was already dressed in his clothes from last night.

"Yeah," I nodded, tucking a few strands of my hair. "Just some girls issues."

"Ohh," he nodded and looked at me thoughtfully for a few seconds.

"What?" I asked him, chuckling.

"Do you, uhm... want to go and grab some breakfast before you leave for work?" He scratched his head. "Is that what couples do? Do breakfast and shit?"

"Huh? What do you mean?" I asked with furrowed brows.

"You see, I am serious about this. I want us to work out, love," Van muttered as he grabbed my waist, pulling me in closer to him, as his bright blue eyes locked into mine. My heart started to thump faster.

"Are you sure about this?" I blinked a few times as I held his hand in mine. He then ran his finger along my cheeks. Making my skin flushed at his tender touch.

"Positive. But only if you want to," he exhaled.

"We'll see," I teased.

"We'll see?" He frowned, his bright blue eyes darkened a bit. Smiling, I quickly pinched his cheek and that made him grin again.

"So, are we gonna go get breakfast or what?" I folded my arms.

Chuckling, Van quickly gave me a kiss, which startled me a bit. "Yes, love!"