Snow Storm

Things turned out alright, is what Lubbock wanted to say. Somehow, Tatsumi's silence made him choose to just let himself be carried back to the base. The snow had already reached more than three inches, and a blizzard was bound to partake soon. This did not bother Tatsumi at all, who was carefully carrying Lubbock in his arms, as he continued to tread through the snow.

A slight blood trail followed them from behind, due to Lubbock's ankle. After the flesh-mutilating mission earlier, Lubbock had fallen injured when a blade had caught his ankle. Tatsumi had did his best to create a makeshift bandage from the rippings of his shirt sleeves, but he decided it was best to move quickly before the excessive bleeding became too much.

Lubbock remembered his flustered look when Tatsumi very easily picked him up into his arms. His heart, to this moment, pounded heavily from his team mate's narrow green eyes of determination. The first time he tried to reassure Tatsumi only had Lubbock greeted with a glare out the corner of Tatsumi's eyes. The older boy wondered if Tatsumi felt guilty over his being injured.

With a heavy sigh, his breath visibly fogging, Lubbock leaned in more against Tatsumi's warm figure. The importance is that they both made it out alive. He was very lucky to only have the blade meet his ankle and not a vital point in his body from the enemy.

"We're here."

Lubbock looked up after hearing the monotone announcement. After he was carried into the building Lubbock was finally brought into his room and gently laid on his bed.

"Um, thanks." Lubbock said, shifting to make himself comfortable. He winced when a sudden burning sensation struck his bandaged ankle and no doubt had Tatsumi caught this.

"I'm going to get the medical kit." Tatsumi only said with a firm look and left the room. Lubbock called the teen's name but he was already out of hearing-range. This made the green haired male huff with worry. Perhaps the members of Night Raid will lighten his mood, that is if they are in the base at all.

Moments later, Tatsumi re-entered the room with a small white box and pulled a chair up beside Lubbock's bed. Lubbock watched him open the kit and pulled out all the necessities for his deep cut.

"Don't move. You'll make it worse." Tatsumi said, pulling up the pant leg and unwrapping the cloth from Lubbock's ankle. Lubbock was used to having even worse scars from previous battles so he was not surprised to see the bloody mess. Tatsumi took his time cleaning the blood and the wound before rewrapping the appendage with a clean, proper bandage.

Lubbock did not realize how fast the process went and turned his head.

"Do you know where everyone is? I suppose I'll have to tell Miss Najenda about this incident." He said.

"Everyone has yet to finish their own missions. The Boss is at a meeting." Tatsumi answered as he shut the kit with an indifferent look. Lubbock sighed at the teen's stern look.

"Could you pass the message then, once they arrive?" He asked.

"Sure." Tatsumi responded while standing. He turned to leave just as Lubbock shifted once more.

"It's not your fault." He said in the quiet room. Tatsumi paused in step. He then left the room seconds later without answering back, as Lubbock had expected.

OoOoO

The blizzard went on as predicted. From his frost-covered window, Lubbock could not see anything but white. The temperature drastically became colder in the base, however Lubbock could not move freely to grab more blankets. Just the thought of calling Tatsumi for help made him uncomfortable. Obviously the teen was irritated and the last thing Lubbock wanted to do was be vulnerable to him.