Two

Buttoning my black dress shirt and my black slacks. I close my black leather belt. Placing my black sock encased feet into my black shoes. I put on my cuff link. Remembering this to be the exact cuff link I had lost that Vanessa had brought to my office after our second encounter. I decide then to return it and put on another pair. Getting downstairs Marisa is dressed in all black her hair pushed into a slick bun as always.

"You don't have to come." I mention to her.

"I came to make sure that sick bastard is really dead in his grave. Besides you shouldn't be there alone." I nod taking her hand and placing it in the open of my arm.

We step out into the sunny day and I smile at how even the universe seems happy to have ridden him from this Earth. Henry drives and Marisa and I are seated in the back.

I notice her fidget with her fingers, "You may have been too young to tell this...but your father he raped me so often. I wouldn't scream because I was afraid you may come and have to witness it." She says her German accent much more prominent now. "I prayed for him to die a miserable death."

"I just---" She says, going on.

"No need, I prayed the same." I admit. And she bats her eyes, keeping them shut for a moment longer than usual.

I wanted him dead for many reasons. For the way he hated me and blamed me for my mother leaving us. For the fact that he told me I was the reason she left him because she hated me. Because I cried a lot as a baby I was the reason for everything bad. He blamed me for so much made up shit. He even blamed me for his cancer long after I was grown and moved out. The cunt he was I will never forget. But it's official that I am an orphan. Just when I thought things were going well.....Vanessa and my father happen. What does this mean?

The car comes to a stop and I see the man with casket and the hoarse. I get out of the car and walk over to the man.

"Let's drop him in."

"Alright sir." Taking him over to the plot they place him on a gurney like thing drop him in so slowly. Marisa and I watch and I begin tossing the dirt on.

The man gets him down and looks at me for further instructions. "You can cover him up that's all." The man looks as though he wants to ask more but I shake my head. Marisa and I both stalk down the grass hill back to the car.

                                ~•~•~

Getting back home I drop off Marisa and take my own car to my doc's office. Getting to the counter I speak with his check in girl Brianna Rays.

"Hey Briana how are you?"

"I'm doing good, how are you?"

"All types of fucked as usual."

She shakes her heads, "He'll see you now."

I get inside Dr. Capone's office and he smiles, "So what's the news did she say yes?"

I adjust my belt as I walk in and take my seat. "About twenty times with another guy in his bed. So we're not getting engaged or married."

He leans back in his chair, "But I thought you loved her."

"I did and I still do."

"Then why won't you marry her. She made a mistake."

"No she didn't. She sabotaged us because I was changing and because she didn't like it. I was in love with her so much so that I wanted to be better for her."

"No you want to be better for you."

"No Capone I told you to stop with that shit. Don't tell me what I meant to say. I meant her I changed all of who I am for her. I am taking medication for my behavioral issues just for her. You think I would do this shit if she didn't come into my life. I liked me the way I was. I controlled my situation. It was her that made me lose control it was her that I wanted to change that for. She didn't love me like I loved her. There is no relationship when only one is putting it all in."

He smiles, "You're absolutely right....now care to tell me what the fuck happened to your eye?"

"I got drunk and mugged." I go into the story of how it all happened. Starting from my proposal down to getting stitched up in the confines of my bedroom. Mentioning how I made a pass at Serena seems to spark his interest.

"She's right don't you think it's a little soon?"

"I don't know..."

"Why don't you know?"

"I've never dated. I had sex girls I called them and when I no longer wanted one I had another on stand by. I didn't wait to find someone new I just had someone." I say honestly.

"I appreciate you answering my questions and being honest about it. But I'm going to be honest with you and say that you don't want or like to be alone."

"You have until ten minutes before our sessions end... I gave you my word."

"Then let's carry on, your father is dead and you're single what now?"

"I'll be focusing on my work. I have a building I'm starting in Dubai which should be taking up all of my time."

"What of Serena?"

"I plan on making more advances it's something about her that I like. It might just be her smile I feel like there is something else there as well."

"You sound smitten."

"Maybe...maybe not." I stand closing the button on my suit. "It's the last ten minutes and I'd rather leave." He nods, "Well Dr. Capone thank you for today and I'll see you in another week."

"One last question, how are the behavioral pills."

"I'm less....down so it must be working. But it's killing my sexual drive."

"It might be a good thing since you are very single. Any dreams or visions?"

"No, but I'll be sure to let you know."

I laugh a little walking out of the office wishing a good evening to Briana before walking back out to my car. I drive quickly to my office to get back to my work.