20: End of It All

Lukas POV

"Damn it!" I yelled as I slammed the door to the pack house.

"Hey man." Travis walked up to me attempting to pat me on the back. While he was on track of doing it I caught his forearm. He laughed. I tightened my grip as my nails threatened to come out.

"What the fuck dude!" He shouted as he ripped his arm from my grip. His outburst earned a snarl from me.

"Fuck..off!" I growled not meeting his eyes.

"What's gotten into you Luka?"

"Leave me alone." I said as I ascended the stairs and up to my room. When I threw my shirt off and onto my floor the phone rang. I knew it was her.

The phone rang 2 times and I immediately picked up.

"Charlotte!" I yelled panting.

"Yeah, hey. Are you ok?" She asked unusually calm.

"I'm so sorry! Please baby, we are meant for each other. Are you really going to believe that the only reason I love you is because of the bond? If you want my reasons I have a list of them right here in front of me. 4 pages from and back and if this is wh-"

"No no, I believe you." she said cutting me off. "I was just calling because I need to tell you something."

"Anything babygirl." I said excitedly. She could have changed her mind, and realized she loved me back.

"I don't love you, Luka. I never want to see you ever again. Don't bother talking to me at school or coming around my house. Give up on me okay? Goodbye."

"No! Wait, Charlie!" There was silence. "Charlie?" I said one last time till I could physically feel emotional pain in my chest. How could she say such hurtful things.

"I will love you till my last breath." I said out loud sending it to her through our mind link knowing she'd hear it.

3 weeks later

"Luka! Come down for breakfast!" I heard my mom yell from downstairs. It was the same thing every morning. She would always call me down for a meal. I would stay up here, and not leave my bed. She would come up with food, and leave it on my bedside table. I wouldn't eat it, and it would rot away.

It's been three weeks since I last talked to Charlie. I miss her like crazy. I haven't been to school either. I on home studies till things change. I was hoping she would call again, and say she was kidding or that she was rejecting me. Moon Goddess knows I'd rather her reject me than be like this. It definitely hurts a hell of a lot less. Having someone you are madly in love with say they don't love you is the fucking worst thing.

"Son." I heard my moms sweet voice as the side of the bed dipped. "You need to eat."

"I'm not hungry." I replied.

"No hungry for two and a half weeks!? Luka tell me what's wrong." She pleaded. I could almost smell her unshed tears.

"Charlotte said she doesn't love m-me" I struggled to say.

"Your mate?" The word mate stung a little. I hummed in response.

"Honey, I know everything that happened between you two was rocky, I know for a fact that, that isn't true." She said confidently.

"How?" I asked, eagerly turning to face my mother. She winced when she looked into my eyes.

"Luka, you're starving yourself son. You need to get some food and fluids in your body. I can see it in your eyes. If you don't eat you're g-going to k-kill yourself." She started to say. I hated to see my mother cry.