Chapter 2

Original Stats:
2.15K Views. 82 Votes. 44 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 2

━━━━━━━━━

I rushed out of class to make sure Chase couldn't catch up with me. That was my one advantage, I was fast. I made it outside and ran over to the parking lot where my car was continually parked, by Chase's car. I jumped in and drove off just as he had caught up to me.

"Bree!" He yelled. I sighed. He should have known he ticked me off. He always does. This time, was worse though. This time, he had crossed the line he was already so far over.

"Oh come on, you want me." Chase whispered. I sighed and threw my head back. This had been going on for 10 minutes. I will admit, I get a weird feeling when I think about Chase with another girl. But I would never tell him that.

"No, I actually don't. You know who I want?" I whispered back. Chase turned worriedly to me.

"Who?" Chase asked in complete seriousness. I smiled.

"Owen." I whispered back. His face hardened as I mentioned his name. Owen had been my boyfriend for the past couple of months. He sighed and began to copy down the notes for the rest of class. I ignored him as we walked out after the bell for our first class rang. I made my way outside before he caught up to me again.

"Why would you want Owen?" Chase whispered as we walked into the math building. I turned to face him head on.

"Because he's my boyfriend." I replied in a duh tone as we continued waking to our math class. He took hold of my arm before we entered. Owen was already safely inside.

"He's not good enough." Chase mumbled. I frowned back.

"What do you mean?" I asked, not knowing what he was getting at.

"He's not good enough for you." Chase answered, more clearly this time. I stood there dumbfounded.

"Why isn't he?" I asked genuinely confused. I had thought Owen was the perfect guy for me.

"Does he ever pay attention to you? And he always leaves when the "inspiration" calls. What kind of guy would do that to a girl he likes?" Chase thought aloud. I found myself nodding along before I even realized it. It was sadly true.

"I get what you mean, but he does like me. Maybe not a lot, but he does. And after what you did to me and Ethan, he is the only guy that even wants to talk with me." I let my mind fall to my long time boyfriend, Ethan. Chase told him some rumor that isn't even worth mentioning, and he broke up with me.

"It's not a rumor if its true, Bree." Chase whispered with a smirk before walking into class. I sighed. He was right, we did kiss.

"Hey, Owen. Did you know that in high school-" Chase started, only for me to cut him off.

"That in high school, Chase and I still hated each other?" I finished with a duh tone. Chase rolled his eyes playfully. Owen laughed.

"That's funny." He said simply before returning to his drawing.

"What are you drawing?" I asked as I took my seat next to him. Chase sat down on my other side.

"Oh, it's the inspiration of what life is. The deeper meaning to yolo. I'm trying to show the kids what it's supposed to mean." Owen explained with overenthusiastic hand gestures. I rolled my eyes as I saw Chase actually look interested. Then, Chase looked as though he had gotten an idea.