Chapter 8

Original Stats:
1.3K Views. 59 Votes. 11 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 8

━━━━━━━━━

"Are you ready?" Owen asked. I nodded as he took my hand and helped me up the stairs to my first hour class. It was probably a bad idea to wear a short sleeve shirt today, but I didn't have that much time. Owen let me sleep at his place last night and helped me clean up this morning before letting me go back to my place to change. When I got there, Chase was already gone. He must have taken Danielle out to breakfast. Owen offered to help me get to first hour which I gladly accepted. He stopped just outside the classroom where I could see Chase standing by Danielle's desk. We did have assigned seats. I sighed and turned to my savior.

"I'll see you third hour. Will you be okay?" He asked. I nodded. He smiled and pulled me into a hug.

"Thank you, Owen." I whispered as we pulled away.

"Anything for you, Bree." He whispered back. I leaned up and kissed him on the check before I walked into class. Everyone turned to look at me as I walked in. I rolled my eyes and made my way to my seat. I set down my things and reached into my backpack to get out my book. When I looked back up, the entire class had turned to look at me. I smiled shyly and crossed my arms so no one could see the bruises anymore. The bell rang and the teacher walked in, telling everyone to sit down. Chase started to make his way over and sat down next to me. I sighed and uncrossed my arms as the teacher motioned for us to take notes.

"Are you okay?" Chase whispered. I shook my head. I didn't feel like talking with him.

"Bree." Chase tried again. I could feel the tears in my eyes again. He didn't even bother to pick up the phone. He left me there to get beat up by his cousin.

"Mr. Davenport. Do you have something you want to share with the class?" The teacher asked expectantly. I looked down at my notebook as the class turned to face us. I glanced over to see Danielle glaring at me.

"No, sir. I'm sorry for the interruption." Chase said simply. The teacher nodded and turned back to the board. Chase slipped a piece of paper out of his folder and began to write on it before passing it to me.

Bree. Are you okay?

No.

What happened last night?

Nothing you need to worry about.

I wrote simply before turning my attention back to my notes. He poked my arm, pointing to the paper when he got my attention back.

Please. I am worried. Whether or not you tell me to be.

Well you don't need to be. I tried calling you last night when this happened and you didn't even bother to answer. For your information, Owen and I are back together because he actually cares enough to saw me from your lunatic of a-

The bell rang and I left he note unfinished. I packed all of my things away and raced out the door. I could finally hang of with Owen.

"Bree!" Chase yelled. I sighed and waited for him to catch up.

"What?" I asked. He frowned in confusion.

"My lunatic of a what? Who did this to you?" Chase asked worriedly.

"Marcus. Your cousin, Marcus." I said simply before walking off to class. Chase sighed and caught up with me.

"Bree, I'm sorry I didn't answer last night. I should have. That is completely my fault. I thought you were still mad and-"

"You were busy." I said tilting my head over in Danielle's direction. Chase followed my clue and let his eyes fall to his feet.

"No. That was my first mistake. She was gone by the time you called. I just-"

"Don't. I can't listen to your apologies. All you had to do was answer the phone. I was literally three minutes away. All Owen did was scare him off. I thought maybe you would be able to beat him up or something." I rambled until I heard the first bell. I groaned and raced off to the math building with Chase hot on my heels. He held the door open for me as we entered math class. Owen smiled and motioned for me to take a seat next to him.

"Hey." I said with a smile as I sat down.

"Hey." Owen replied before he leaned over and kissed my check. I smiled and looked over at him to see he was smiling ear to ear. I had missed this. He may be a crazy artist. But he was my crazy artist.

"Alright class. Do the questions from pages 342-250. Turn them in by the end of class." The teacher stated before walking back to his desk. I took out my textbook and a paper before racing though the questions. I wanted to spend time with my boyfriend. I finished about twenty minutes through class and closed my book. I turned to see Owen was still working and Chase, was of course done. He motioned to his phone, trying to tell me to also get mine out. I shook my head simply and turned back to see Owen was just getting done. He smiled over at me as I heard Chase huff behind me

"If you are done, you may leave. It's almost lunch break anyway." The teacher called form the front of the room. I sighed and picked up my things. Owen came over to my side and took my hand in his as we walked over to the front and handed in our papers. We walked outside to see the sky had darkened.

"Wow, looks like it's going to rain." Owen said as we walked down the path to the parking lot. I nodded.

"Yeah, it does-" I started, but was cut off when Chase grabbed my other hand and pulled me over to him.

"Bree. Can you please come over to my apartment so we can talk?" Chase begged. I glanced over my shoulder to see Owen glaring down at Chase. I turned to see Chase had his hand on my waist. I pulled away but stayed near him so we could talk.

"No. I'm going to have lunch with my boyfriend." I replied simply. Chase's face fell as he nodded.

"If you change your mind, or if you have extra time... I will be over there." Chase said before he walked over to his car. I sighed and walked back over to Owen. He smiled an took my hand.

"Are you ready for lunch?" He asked hopefully. I looked over to see Chase staring back at me. He got into his car and pulled away. I closed my eyes. I was going to regret this so much.

━━━━━━━━━

Thanks for reading!

Vote, Comment, or Follow either this profile or Smilie254 when you can!

~Shay