Introduction

Hayah folded the prayer mat,gently closed the quran she was reading and placed it on top of the shelf. She accompanied her mom in the kitchen to prepare a few dishes for ifthar as it was the holy month of Ramadan.

"Hayah, I just found a new recipe on you tube ,why dont you prepare that for ifthar?",asked Hafsa ,hayah's mother.

"yeah okay my modern mom."

"stop calling me that,I mean we get infinite recipes at our finger tips, not to forget the simple recipes which saves time so that we can concentrate on our Ibada. You would realize that only if you cared to come out of your big fat boring books.",said hafsa.

"I do agree that the internet era has its pros but there are significant cons as well .And thank you for reminding me about my books , I had to enter a write up in my diary.",hayah replied and rushed to her room.

Hayah maintained a diary in which she would write when she felt lonely,or she would write on a specific topic which caught her attention or simply write when she had to clear her mind.

H ayah's dad is an interior designer which gave her the liberty to explain the minute specifications and get her room designed by her dad. She liked it simple ,so there were minimal furniture set up in a contemporary style. There was a cushion space beside the window sill ,so that she could sit by the window ,look into the distance and write. Besides that fact, she simply loved sitting by the window sill on a gloomy day when the only sound she could hear of was the raindrops and watch it drip on the pane.

she sat there and recollected the events that took place when she was buying some food items at the local grocery store. she didn't intend to eavesdrop the conversation but happened to hear two girls speak from the other side of the rack about some random picture they uploaded and didn't get enough likes on Instagram leading them to a conclusion that they weren't good enough.

she hated it when people lose their practical mind by letting others judge them especially random ,unknown people from some corner of the world whom you barely know.she opened her diary and started writing.

                                                                 MODERN WORLD

we live in a world ,

where beauty is counted by likes,

where intellect is counted by academic grades ,

where friends are made based on their status.

sadly, we live in a world which does not have place for moral and ethical values.

she closed her book just as someone knocked the door. 

"hayyaahhhhhhh"

"hawwwwwwwaaaaahhhhh"

"Assalamualikum"

"walikum salam"

Hayah was the only daughter ,so hawwah was her childhood bestie who was more a sister figure in her life. They grew together as they were neighbors too.

"oh my Allah!! please hayah ,come outside that diary and novels. what do you write in that book? You dont even let me read. I will sneak into your room someday and read it for sure."

"hahha you wishh!!"

"what do you write in that?"

"My thoughts?views?opinions?"

"well you share that with me too, why waste the ink and precious papers-be eco friendly. "

"these are recycled papers"

"chuck it! I'm not interested in your secret life.let's play quizzup!"

" quizzup?"

"yeah I tumbled on this new app on playstore and its so cool-you can play against opponents from around the world .You can add me as your friend and challenge me on certain topics. Its fun.",hawwah said and without further ado she snatched the phone from hayah and downloaded the app ,signed up and opened world capitols topic for her.

1st round-hayah wins

2nd round -hayah wins 

3rd round- hayah  wins

"how did you know the capitol of madagascar?even if I learn now I'm sure to forget it after some time."

"Antananarivo"

"Anta what?"

"repeat after me- An"

" It's okay. Let's go shopping for eid"

"well okay"

They got ready adjusted their hijabs and left to the mall for some shopping.they were now in the 30th shop in commercial street with not a single dress selected yet.

"how is this ?",asked hawwah as she wore an off white pushup sleeved anarkali with chickenkari work .

"Its beautiful"hayah replied .

"I know right ? it's perfect for the eid prayer."

"oh my Allah! you were abaya when you go to the masjid hawwah ,who will notice your anarkali beneath the black cloak"

"The great hawwah will see. I'm doing this for my satisfaction hayah . "

"fair enough! now select one for me"

"how about the one on the display?",asked hawwah . 

It was a bhej colour A line jute skirt with a black full sleeved top with chinese collar. 

"Masha Allah !! this is so pretty !!! your a saviour and I absolutely love this dress.",hayah replied .

once they paid the bill they went home directly as it was time for asr prayers.After she prayed asr ,she sat on the bed and read the quran for some time. once she was done with her prayers she opened the app and tried to challenge hawwah.Since hawwah wasnt online and she did not have any other friend on that app as she was new to it used the online opponent challenge.

After 3 minutes of buffering she found an opponent who accepted the challenge.she played 8 challenges and the score board read 

you - won 2 matches 

           lost 8 matches.

Hayah was irritated by this defeat and she tapped the oppenents profile 

name: Saeed

place: United kingdom

university: university of wales

level :48

what the hell was I even thinking? He is in level 48? not bad saeed ! will challenge him tomorrow,once I prepare for it .In sha Allah

Authors Note:

Assalamualikum readers,

I know you'll are eagerly waiting for the update of qadr and i will update soon in sha Allah. I really am overwhelmed by your support for my first story which triggered this new one. i have so much planned for hayah and saeed . please vote comment and share.

write down your views on this story ,i am dying to read them.