Chocolate Stuffed Sweet Potato Cupcakes

Ingredients:
Filling:
-2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
-2/3 cup heavy cream
-2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Cupcakes:
-2 cups all-purpose flour
-2 teaspoons baking powder
-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon fine salt
-1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
-1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
-1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
-1 cup packed brown sugar
-2 large eggs, at room temperature
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1 1/2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potato puree
-1/2 cup buttermilk or milk

Instructions:
Puree:
Take two sweet potatoes and stab multiple times with a fork into each one. Microwave ten minutes. Scoop out insides and puree in a blender. Measure out proper amount before adding to recipe.
Filling:
In a small saucepan combine the chocolate, cream, and butter. Stir over low heat until the chocolate is melted. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool for 15 minutes. Cover and freeze about 1 hour, or until fudge-like consistency. Divide chocolate filling into 20 equal portions about 2 teaspoons each and roll into balls. Place in freezer.
Cupcakes:
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 standard muffin tins with 20 paper liners. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined. Add in the vanilla and sweet potatoes. Add the flour mixture and buttermilk alternatively, beginning and ending with the flour. Beat just until combined. Divide half of the batter among the cupcake cups. Place a ball of chocolate into the center of each cup. Top evenly with the remaining batter. Bake 18 to 20 minutes. Cool completely.

----------------------------------------------------------

See next page for frosting recipe.