Chapter 5: Jake

After I left Brittany's house, I decided that I was going to be a "rebel" and skip the rest of school. I mean, it was the last class of the day and we really weren't going to be doing much of anything in it anyways. I headed to Starbucks to get a coffee and think about the events of that day.

    When I pulled into the parking lot, I sat there for a second.  Then a thought came to me. What if there was something more? What if there was something going on "behind the scenes" with Brittany? Something no one knew about. I brushed off the thought. There was no way there was anything deep going on with a girl like that. When I walked into Starbucks, the sight I saw made me reconsider what I had concluded.

     Brittany was sitting at one of the tables, staring at her drink. From the looks of it, she appeared to be deep in thought.

     "Looks like we both had the same idea," I said, sitting down next to her. This was probably a death wish, but, oh well...

     "What are you doing here?" she sneared. Yep, definitely a death wish. "I thought a perfect little kid like you would be in school right now." I have no idea why I thought this was a good idea.

     "Technically, I am doing nothing wrong. The teacher gave me a pass to come get you."

    "Of course. The good boy still can't break a rule,can he?"she smirked.

     "Brittany, if you don't mind me asking,what were you thinking about when I came in?" I inquired.

     "As a matter of fact, I do mind you asking,so if you would just kindly mind your own business and leave me alone!" She got up and left, not even bothering to grab her drink.

     Well, that didn't go as planned, I grimiced. I got up, ordered my drink, and drank it alone.

A/N: Sorry is such a bad chapter. It was more of a filler than anything. Also really sorry I haven't updated in a while. I am still getting over a severe case of writer's block. Hope you guys all had a happy holiday and a great new year. Happy 2017!!!