Chapter 24: Not the End

Chihiro

No, no no no no no!!! This couldn’t be happening. “Chihiro, what’s going on?” She was shaking so much.

             “Haku,” She whispered. “That’s No Face. But his name in the human world is….Kao.” She looked at Haku, and then recognition lit up his features.

             “This is the boy that kissed you and said you had sex with him and then hit you?” She nodded.

             “But there’s more…” She dragged that on. She felt Haku’s eyes on her, then he saw the marks on her neck and arms. She looked at Kao, who was smirking down at the end of the tunnel. He slowly made his way towards them. Keeping his eyes trained on her the whole way, his feet didn’t skip a beat. “Oh, little Sen. It was hard to control myself around you.” He said as he stopped in front of her. He leaned down, close to her face. “You have no idea how much I want you. The things that have happened to us, I could’ve done ten times worse things. I just wanted you to get comfortable with me. Of course I knew you were still seeing this oh-so supreme overlord, Haku.” He dragged on the last part, being sarcastic. “I wanted you to forget about him. I wanted to be the only person in your life! Why can’t you love me Sen? Am I not good enough?”

             “My name is not Sen, first off. It’s Chihiro. And you have always known there would never be anything between us. That’s why I thought you stayed with Zeniba. It’s always been Haku. What is it going to take to make you go away and stay away? Forever.” He scratched his chin.

             “Well, first things first, we need to get rid of this one thing.” No Face’s hands swirled together with black magic and he shot it through the barrier. The barrier stayed intact, but before Haku could figure out what was happening and before he could run, the magic hit him. He collapsed on the ground with a thud and didn’t get up. “Haku!” She screamed. “What did you do to him?”

             “Don’t worry. He’s just passed out. He’ll wake up within a few hours. Enough time for us to leave.”

             “I..I’m not going anywhere with you.” He chuckled.

             “Awe, you’re so cute when you try to be all tough.” Chihiro stood up taller.

             “How do I make you go away? How do I make you leave?” He smirked.

             “Oh, just tell me you are in love with me, and have always loved me.” Nothing about that seemed right.

             “No.”

             “No?”

             “No. I have never loved you and I never will.” His face fell and tears streamed down his face, but his body flickered. That was it! “No Face, I will never love you and the way you’re acting no one will. You are cruel and mean and force people to do things with you that they don’t want to. No one loves someone like that!” His image was flickering frequently now. “How can you even stand yourself? You will never have a love like me and Haku. You knew that I loved him and you still did those things. Why?” He tried answering, but it was drowned out. “It’s because you’re selfish!” There was a lot of wind in the tunnel and she was practically screaming. “You can never love anything. You have no soul! There’s nothing in there for you to feel love.”

             “Seeeennnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!” And that was the last thing that was said. He burst into little pieces of confetti, falling all over the tunnel floor. Chihiro was panting, she was that out of breath. She looked over and saw Haku. She ran over and crouched down next to Haku, vaguely noticing the barrier was gone along with No Face. “Haku!” She felt her wrist burning. She looked down and saw the little bracelet he had given her glow a fiery red. She quickly took it off and laid it on top of Haku’s body. She sat back and watched the magic happen.  

(Haku POV)

Darkness. Death? Could I really die? I guess I could because this must be it. I am torn. I am broken. The true and only love of my life has been raped and tainted by evil of dark magic and a black soul and I could do nothing for her.

I don’t have a body. I haven’t for years but know I know it’s gone. The tingling feeling that is covering me means I am turning into my spirit form. What could that mean? What was that magic? I heard him say it just made me pass out but no. That had to be a lie because this was not sleep. I wouldn’t be thinking like this if it were.

I can tell No Face is gone. I’m glad. That bastard didn’t deserve to even be called a spirit or alive. I can’t feel his dark aura around me any more and more importantly I can feel Chihiro. She is touching my face and cradling my head in her lap. She is crying and calling my name.

Open you damn eyes. OPEN!

(End Haku POV)

“Haku! Please….” Chihiro cried as her ran her fingers through his hair and brushed her fallen tears off of his face. Without warning his body stretched and he became a dragon. Chihiro coughed and bit her lip to hold back a sob that was trying to break through.

“He’s dying.” A bell like voice called out to the young girl.

Chihiro whipped her head around to the voice. There five feet away from her stood a mature looking girl with a light pink glow around her. “That magic No Face used was his darkest kind. It has tainted his soul. He can’t find his human form.”

“You-you’re Kaze the Wind Spirit aren’t you?” Chihiro asked wiping her nose and Kaze nodded. “Can you help him? At all?  Please!?” Chihiro’s eyes were red from crying and her voice was cracking with every word.

“I could but why should I? I could just save him for myself. I  don’t  see why he loves you. I have told him that I would do anything for him. But no, all he wants is to be with Chihiro. Why you?” Kaze walked closer to the two and circled them.

“Please. I love-“

“Do I look like I care!?” Wind filled the tunnel and Chihiro bent down to shield Haku.

“Why do you love him? WHY!?! No. I don’t want to know. I just wish I knew what you see in eachother…”

“It’s true love… it doesn’t have a reason and it never needs one.” Chihiro stated looking Kaze in the eyes. “Now… please…” She pleaded.

“I will never understand humans. Never. But if he is dumb enough to love you I’ll help… I’m to nice…” Kaze groaned to herself. “The bracelet. See how it’s glowing?” Chihiro nodded. “it’s the last of Haku’s magic. He gave it to you so it would protect you.”