Chapter 25: Dead...But Alive

Chihiro

It then clicked. When Kao did those things in the alley, she knew a metal pipe had knocked him out, but there was no one there. It was the bracelet-It was Haku, saving her, helping her. Potentially saving her. She looked up at Kaze. “There is only one way for this to come out.” Chihiro nodded understanding. “He can either die, like he’s doing now, or there is another solution.” Kaze sighed. “It’s very obvious he wants to be with you. Very, painfully obvious. There’s only one way for you two to be together in the human world.” She paused. “He has to give up his powers. I know he can’t consciously make a decision right now. So, you’re going to have to make the decision for him. Choose wisely.” And with that she was silent.

             Chihiro looked at Haku. What was she supposed to do? She couldn’t make this decision for him because she knew she would say strip his powers. But does he really want to be trapped in the human world with her. Forever. She wished he was conscious so they could make this decision together. Then a slight static filled her brain. She heard a whisper. “Chihiro.” It was Haku, but his voice was fading in and out. “Do it. Go with your gut. I don’t want to die. Tell her to strip my powers. I…I want to be with-“ And then it went out, the static gone. Chihiro started to panic.

             “Kaze, take his powers. Make him come back to life! He can’t die!!!!!” Kaze made a sour face. A half smirk, but she looked in pain.     

             “Very well.”

(Haku POV)

I knew she heard me. I want my powers gone. If that means we can be together I want it more than anything. I can hear Kaze start an ancient spell.

“Di vocem meam audient. Haec duo voluntas amat. Hoc cognoscitur spiritus Kohaku fluvium petit ut fiat vobis homo. Accipe memoriam, et forma eius est parcere et magicum.”

I listened and translated, “Gods above, hear my call. This is the wish of two in love. This being known as the spirit of the Kohaku river pleads to you to become a human. Take is magic and spare his form and memory.”  That was the right spell and prayer. I was going to be okay.

(End Haku POV)

A pink glow was moving in a tin line from Kaze to Haku and up to Chihiro’s bracelet. The bracelet floated up and then disappeared and a burst of dust. Chihiro gasped as he watched praying that wasn’t going to happen to Haku.

Then the boys long dragon body was lifted into the air. Chihiro sat with her feet on either side of her as she watched her lover’s body rise far from her reach but she could not get her legs to move.

Kaze’s lips were moving fast and then she stopped and the flow of pink magic from her was gone. “I’ve done all I can do. I’ll take my leave now.” And with those words she walked out of the tunnel.

Haku’s body glowed a dark blue. The scales started to fall away and his hand and feet formed. Then his arms and legs. Then torso. Then his face. His hair moved slowly in the magic that was slowly falling away from him.

(Haku POV)

I could feel it leaving me.

My magic. Gone.

It has always been part of me and my life. Can I really live without it? Of course I can. I will have the love of my life. Chihiro. She is all I need. Not magic. Not baths. Not anything but her.

Then it hit me. I felt it being pulled right out of my heart. My magic. I squeezed my eyes shut. It didn’t really hurt but it was the thought. Not because of pain but because it was the fact it was feeling me. I felt my scales falling off.

I opened my eyes and I saw it. my magic was wound tight into a ball in front of me glowing light blue and flickering like a flame. I reached out for it and right as my finger touched it I heard a soft, “I’ll be waiting for you if you ever need me..” and with that I watched my magic fade away.

(End Haku POV)

Haku sat up abruptly and looked around. His bright green eyes shining clear. 

**Sorry now stuff is getting confusing. Like the povs. Cause Haku is like dying or whatever. :3 but yeah!!! xx