preview

THERE WAS a massive silence that followed the plunge of a metal blade. a very long silence. it was the darkness that engulfed the nightly terrors that very night.

the window to the balcony was slapped open, following the direction of the wind as it swayed along with the soft white curtains.

triple sciences major jung su ah laid cold on her silky blue bed, covered in blood from the splurge of vessels in her abdomen area. her face was bruised, covered with great blotches.

eyes open, mouth slack, lungs desperately gasping for air that she suddenly treasured in her years of living. the sickening stench of metal blanketed the air in a choking aroma.  classical orchestra music plays in the background of the horrific scene, as if it was like a dramatic play ongoing. the kitchen knife that sunk into her stomach stayed strongly upright, meddling into su ah's final view of the world. her body laid like a ghoulish mannequin, skin turning pale as she squints her eyes. the pain numbed her. she couldn't hear anything but the wind, and her decreasing heartbeat.

she could hear her phone ringing. she couldnt pick it up. her eyes darted around the room trying to look for anything the murderer left behind for her to foolishly find out. nevertheless, this killer was a smart one. jung su ah hiccups, finding her lungs closing in really quickly, heart rate reaching a pace where she's feeling herself suffocating and the body she's in.

"han......hansoo...."

her weak, already dried lips called out meekly for help, before slowly going into a dark abyss. the life that had dwelt within her had gone and she was safe from the perils of this world. no harm can come to her now.

her limbs become soft and su ah feels her abdomen tightening. her still eyes land on the painting hanging peacefully amidst the mess on her beige coloured walls. a lone tear slipped sneakily down her eyes, the only warm thing that cascaded down already.

two greyless expressioned humans which looked too plastic to feel humane with sploged colourful colours like pink and yellow for hair and accessories decorating the contrasting figures. it looked so sickening to her eyes, what she thought seemed like beautiful art became her worst nightmare. it was like that painting was mocking her now. she couldnt believe she was dying in her own safe space called "home". her mind could only register the name of that damned painting before she blacked out forever from this world.

camouflaged selves. inked in black on the side of the painting. "camouflaged selves" became something so significant to jung su ah. it was the link, the start and the end.

NOTE!
hehe i was planning to write the preview as a little less vague so that you would understand whats going on, but that'll spoil too much of the storyline already. do understand that this is only the preview, so there isnt any backstory, or introduction of the boys yet. another reminder, stay sweet and hydrated in school / home <3