It's Horrible? Really?

"My name is Louise Varney, and my life is absolutely horrible!"

When Louise wrote those words in her diary, she never expected anything to happen. But when a portal from another dimension opened in her bedroom, she began to suspect she'd done something wrong.

The girl who came through was her. But not. She was dressed in military fatigues, and half her hair was shaved. She had scars all over her body.

Her eyes, the same shade of brown as hers, held a hardness she had never expected.

"Let me get this straight, buttercup. You think your life is horrible?" She said, gesturing around the room. "It's horrible, really?"

"Who are you?" Louise asked, even though she already knew the answer.

"Oh, you know exactly who I am. We both know you're smarter than that."

Suddenly another portal opened, and Louise found herself staring at another version of herself. This one frail looking. Her eyes were clouded over. She was blind. "Did I just hear what I thought I just heard?" She whispered, her voice sweet.

Then another opened, this one a boy version of herself. He was exactly the same, but a dude, and he freaked het out a little bit. "She has got to be kidding."

After about five minutes, they were all arguing about who's life was worse. The military Louise was screaming about how she'd been in twelve battles against aliens, and lost all her friends. While the boy Louise (Louis?) Was complaining about how he was a guy in a mostly women dominant society.

And the blind Louise was just standing calmly with her fingers in her ears, as it the sound was too much. Finally she walked up to them and slapped both of them across the face. "At least you aren't blind." She whispered. The other two grew silent in consideration.

Then all three of them turned to the original Louise. "Your life could be worse, chika. Don't go complaining." Then they all walked back into their portals.

Louise never complained about her life again.