6 || Kid's POV

The lamps burn low, setting the mood for my slumber. It was already time to go to sleep, yet the day seemed to be much...faster, than before. Like a rushed sort of thing.

That girl, the one who sat next to me today. Her soul gave off a strange air. Almost as if she weren't human. But I guess I could say that I didn't detest her, no matter how asymmetrical she was. She was quiet. And curteous.

And her eyes. The way they shone so piercingly bright, even though she was shy and reserved. The way they'd glint in the light setting...

NO! Kidd! NO!!! An esteemed Shinigami Meister should not be falling for a beginner! I'm not falling for her, anyways! I just met her today!

I sink into my large bed, making sure that my arms and legs line up perfectly, left and right. Asymmetry would kill me. If I wake up and something as simple as one little hair is out of place, I would be garbage. Asymmetrical garbage.

My OCD has always been a sort of blow to my calm demeanor. If something or someone holds no symmetry, I can't control myself. But it was strange how I thought that the girl's asymmetry was almost...cute.

No. I can't be falling for her on the first day! What kind of reaper would I be if I suddenly start getting close the the new girl? No, I can't do it! I won't! And she has no symmetry anyways. Those bangs covering only one of her eyes. Disgusting.

Or was it? Yeah, it bothered me and all. But on her it looked nice.

I sigh loudly to myself in the dark. I can't be falling for this girl. No, I'm just tired. I've had a long day today, and tomorrow everything will be alright. 

Maybe by then, I will be at my right senses.

***

No. I was wrong. Everything isn't alright. My previous thoughts about that girl last night, were not gone. They still lingered over my head, like a private raincloud. Without any trace of the rain stopping.

To make things worse, Patty is now on my case. Crud.

"You loooooooooooove her!" she taunts me, giggling as she continues (and fails) to make more breakfast. 

I suddenly take an interest in my eggs. So yellow....so fluffy....

"Kidd! Quit avoiding me by looking at your eggs!" Patty commands childishly. "I already made sure they were symmetrical, so you can't hide!"

I look up from my breakfast in defeat, with an annoyed sigh.

"I only met her yesterday!" I defend myself. "How could I like a girl I didn't even look at twice?"

Liz smirks while she files her nails lazily, feet up on the table. I feel that familiar twinge of annoyance at her unorganized behavior. So out of order. 

"It's love at first sight," she mocks me. "So why don't you just get married already!"

I feel my cheeks grow hot, as I avoid all glances and stare at my fork. Why the heck am I blushing!? What did I do to deserve this!?

"Whatever," I say dismally, and start to eat my food at last.

"You should ask her out!" Patty says cheerily. "To see if it's meant to be!"

I shake my head vigorously, hair slightly lifting from side to side. My symmetry! No!

"No, Patty," I say firmly. "I don't have an interest in dating right now. I never will, for that matter. So stop grilling me about it."

Liz scoffs. "C'mon Kidd," she says, still not looking up from her nails. "Give us some romance." 

"I am not going to ask her out!" I say, much less calmer than before.

"Whatever," the sisters say in unision, Patty more enthusiastically and Liz more bored. That was normally how things were.

I finish with my food and go get ready for school. I straighten my jacket and my pin, then comb my hair to make sure that it's symmetrical. There, that should do it. 

"Ok, Liz, Patty," I say, walking into the kitchen again. "Time for school."

Patty bursts out laughing and Liz grins. I stare at them back and forth, confused and bewildered. What did I do that's so funny? Is my symmetry less correct than I hoped it'd be?

"It's Saturday, Kidd," Liz smirks, staring at me like I'm dumb. I sure did feel dumb. How did that happen!?!

"Oh," I say blankly, sounding more empty-minded.

"And all because you have the hots!" Patty yells between giggles. She clutches her stomach as if she's having a hard time breathing, but I don't get what's so funny.

"I do NOT!" I yell childishly, probably loosing about 88% of my respect for my Weapons. They're so mean!

But really. I come to realize, after a whole night of debating with myself, that I've been lying to myself the whole time. 

I like Kimiko.