Reality

"Ouch." I hissed sitting up in bed on Saturday morning, hangovers I thought I'd experienced were nothing compared to the real thing. This was a hangover, except unfortunately I remembered every single embarrassing detail of the night before. The only thing I don't remember is getting home. Walking to my bed I opened the window to peer into Kade's room and I saw him laying face down topless sprawled out across his bed. Rolling my eyes I ran to the bathroom to brush my teeth, probably two or three times to get rid of that horrible taste.

"Nora darling I'm home!" I heard Julia shout up the stairs making me grin, I jogged steadly down the stairs but slipped in my socks on the last three landing with a thud at my aunts feet. 

"Good to see you too love." She said helping me up.

"Gosh you have no idea Julia I am in desperate need of a tradition aunt and neice day, I'll go run you a bath and bring all the duvet's downstairs and we can watch hours of Judge Judy becuase I know she's your favourite." I rushed out like a bunny on redbull. 

"Okay darling, I won't be long." And like she promised it wasn't long until we were snuggled up with the lights dimmed on the sofa. 

"So how is Ellis, I noticed she isn't around much anymore." She asked nudging my shoulder. 

"I don't know Julia, I honestly don't know. She got a boyfriend, and made all these new friends, she's turned into a total bitch. I mean if she's doing all this for Zach surely he isn't right for her. He should just accept her." I said with a sad sigh.

"You know love makes you do stupid things darling." She said wrapping an arm around me and sighing sadly matching my own.

"What's wrong?" I asked looking up at her. 

"I was engaged once you know." She said as she played with the loose strands of my hair. 

"Really?" I asked interested as I closed my eyes. 

"His name was Jeremy Cleaver, he was British. Moved here when he was sixteen and we were young, younger than you now and it was like a whirlwind knowing him, he rode a bike and smoked he was everything I was told to stay away from. But I loved him, and he loved me. When we were eighteen, your mother was pregnant with you at the time so I was craving more from my relationship and so Jeremy proposed, but not because I told him to but because he was just that type of guy. If he wanted to do something he'd do it and so of course I couldn't imagine life without him at this point so I said yes. My mum went mental, I thought she was going to lock me away before I married someone like Jeremy but we were convinced we were going to run away together and do all these incredible things." She said in a dreamy voice. 

"Well what happened?" I urged. 

"He moved back to England. And that was that. But we were kids, we couldn't make those types of decisions, they were made for us and you know that was it. One day he was just gone. Sometimes I do wonder, what would it be like for us now? Would he still be the mysterious British guy everyone wanted to know or would he have grown up? Have a job? Would he have helped with you? Life is just not always what you think it'll be." She said sighing once again at the end. 

"Have you ever tried looking for him?" I asked curiously wondering whether she's given up on love because I got dumped on her. 

"No, no I couldn't I suppose he is married now." She dismissed making my heart tug for her. 

"Shall we look for him?" I asked sitting up excited. "Come on Julia there's all sorts now, Facebook, Google, I bet we could find him in minutes, what have you got to lose?" I said running up the stairs to retrieve my laptop.

"Nora, come on, I bet he's forgotten all about me." She said once again trying to stop me.

"Stop being such a wimp, come on, Jeremy Cleaver was it?" I asked with a cheeky grin as I typed his name into the search bar.