Chapter 21~Home for now

*Homecoming Concerts!!*

~Scotty’s POV

We were both so excited to get to go back home, even if it was only for a week. Grant was following us to the airport since I wanted to bring my truck home because we weren’t using her. Idol said they would pay for car and human transportation home and back. Wow. Once at the airport of course there were fans and cameramen, as always. Grant ushered us to security and said that he would see us back in Garner and make sure my truck made it safely. We thanked him and boarded our flight home.

It was only about 3 hours until landing and Em and I both fell dead asleep in our seats. The next thing I knew was there was a voice in the cabin saying prepare for landing that was fast. I grabbed mine and Emily’s carry-on bags and we headed out. Literally as soon as we stepped into the airport we were attacked by family members, which neither of us has seen in forever. My uncle and aunt from Florida, Emily’s cousins from Oregon! They all came to surprise us, yet my parents couldn’t even bother to call from wherever they were on business, whatever.

~Emily’s POV

We got back to my house and got settled, just in time for Grant to show up with Scotty’s truck and another security guard, he introduced to us as Tim. Tim was here so they could take shifts and both get a little bit of a break, even though we were still the nicest people Grant has ever taken care of. Tim really wasn’t as nice as Grant, but he was still manageable. I tried to let our security guards sleep in the guest room downstairs but Tim brought a camper trailer and said they would be fine in the driveway. Alright don’t say I didn’t try.

Scotty had until tomorrow afternoon before his homecoming concert, and I knew something he didn’t. But y’all are just gunna have to wait for the surprise just like he is. For now us, all of our family and Grant and Tim went out for family dinner. I consider Grant family and I think Scotty does too.

*Dinner Convo

My mom: I want to propose a toast to Scotty, for making in this far in Idol, congratulations!

Everyone chanted Speech Speech, which got Scotty to laugh. He put his hand on my thigh and smiled before standing up to talk. Even though we’ve known each other since baby years, it still gives me butterflies.

Scotty: I just wanna say how grateful I am for all of y’all. (By this time most of the restaurant was listening) It’s been an amazing journey and I wouldn’t have been able to make it this far without you guys.

As Scotty went to sit back down a ton of people had started clapping, and not just the ones at our table. Wherever we go we can’t avoid attention. Granted we are back home and all, but still I just want to hide in my room for the rest of the week. All of the popularity is exhausting. From Scotty’s fans, to cameramen, to in some cases stalkers, to news reporters, and basically anyone else you can think of.

We got home that night and it was just such a joy to lie down in my own bed again. I almost didn’t notice when Scotty came in the shut my door behind us. He lied down next to me and I went to snuggle into him when he decided to grab my arms and push me to my back pinning me down, with my arms above my head.

“Hey that’s not fair!” I whined.

“And why’s that?”

“Cause you didn’t even give me a chance to fight back.”

“Good point there, but I still won, this time.” He said

“Oh I didn’t know this was a competition…”

I glanced up into his always amazing blue eyes and just smiled. He leaned down and kissed me, gently at first and then we went into one of those breath taking make outs. It’s especially breath taking when you’re pinned down without a way to fight back. Scotty’s other hand traveled down my side which tickled quite a bit and I squirmed.

“Oh ticklish now aren’t we?”

“No not at all, I have no idea what you’re talking about..” I joked.

He ran his hand down my side again and it took all that I had in me to not laugh, but that didn’t happen. I giggled a little bit and he shushed me because I completely forgot we were at home.

“Then stop tickling me and I’ll be quiet.”

“You do realize you’re still pinned down, and pretty much don’t have a choice.” He said and then winked and did that hilarious eyebrow thing. I just smiled and he went to tickle me again and I begged him not to.

“No such luck darlin’.” He rolled up my shirt only to about the middle of my rib cage, and he lightly ran a hand up and down my side. Letting go of my arms he switched it up and ran both hands up and down my sides. Ah damn. I was overloaded in butterflies and trying so hard not to laugh I think I was biting through my lip. He saw and stopped and let me breath for a minute.

“Still not fair,” I said.

“Then how bout this,” He wrapped his arms around my back and we rolled onto our sides, kinda like hugging while lying down.

“Much better,” I reached up and kissed him on the chin. Then we both fell asleep again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A.N. Aww a little bit of romance in there helps once in a while right? I'm still wondering if Emily's parents will make her stay home or will they let her go back to Hollywood with Scotty for the finals.? Wait for next part sometime soon to find out. 

Love y'all so much and thanks for over 400 reads now, thats amazing! xox Emily