Chapter 32- Getting permission

~Bruce’s POV

That evening when Scotty and Emily got home from school, was a little bit different. Scotty seemed a little bit more excited now that he’s finally been to the studio. They both set down their school bags, full of homework and Emily got started on hers in the dining room. Scotty walked over to me and asked if we could talk outside, for a minute. I was honestly really confused.

S: “I was wondering if we have anything special planned for Travis’s one year memorial tomorrow.”

B: “Yeah we have invited some close friends and family only, to go down and visit his grave and then into to church afterwards.” I told him.

S: “Sounds good, um I was also wondering if it would be okay for me to sing the song I’ve been working on, Clear as Day?”

B: Scotty handed me a lyrics page, and I sat there quietly reading it. “I love it, that would be wonderful.” I went to stand up and go back inside just as Scotty stopped me again.

S: “Oh and um Mr…”

B: “Call me Bruce, Scotty.”

S: “Okay Bruce, I also wanted your permission to marry your daughter.”

B: When he said that I stopped and smiled, you don’t see finances asking for permission anymore. “Of course you have my permission, son.” He reached out for a hand shake. “Just curious are planning on proposing tomorrow?”

S: “I was debating it, why?”

B: “Do you really want your wedding anniversary on the same day that Emily’s brother died?”

S: “Good point. Hmm I’m gunna need to rethink this. Thank you for your permission.” He said and then we walked back into the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A.N. Just a filer because I know I haven't written in a long time. I feel really bad, but I've been really busy lately. Also that its 11pm and this snow storm doesn't look like its going to give enough to cancel classes tomorrow, so I've gotta get some sleep. Expect another, longer chapter, really soon. Promises~Emily.