A Thousand Years

Don't judge...Idk the OptimusxElita ship too well, but I still love it.

I kind of guessed on what happened to her in TFP.

The text in italicizes are like...flashbacks...they'll change suddenly because of the lyrics :P

The text in normal text is present-day, Autobot base. Just for some background during those scenes, OP got into a fight with Megatron that didn't end too well for him and now he is at the verge of joining the AllSpark.

And you can guess what italicizes and bold combined are.

~~~

Heart beats fast

colors and promises

How to be brave

How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?

Optimus watched in horror as his sparkmate's energon splattered the walls of the Nemesis; the bright blue standing out against the dark violet. Megatron smirked as he let the lifeless femme fall from his sword, where he had stabbed her through the spark. Optimus' own spark pulsed in rage and in pain, as he felt the last seconds she had himself. He felt like a failure. He had said he would do everything he could to protect her.

"Megatron..." Optimus started, but he couldn't get the words past his voicebox. He was speechless.

But watching you stand alone

All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow.

"What happened?" Ratchet cried as he saw Bulkhead lugging Optimus through the groundbridge.

"Megatron-!"

"Nevermind, just get him over here!" Ratchet interrupted, changing his mind as he helped Bulkhead take Optimus to a berth.

Optimus found himself staring at a bright light, not knowing what was going to happen. He then noticed there was a silhouette of a femme standing there. It wasn't Arcee, but he soon realized who it was. .

They made no motion, and he didn't either, too overwhelmed at todays events.

All he could think was one step closer...

I have died every day waiting for you

Darling don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more...

Megatron only smirked, knowing he had taken one of the few things Optimus had truly loved. After he took them all, it was only a matter of time before he broke. He watched as Optimus slowly advanced, his optics fixed on his sparkmate. Megatron backed away, letting him have his time with her. It may hurt him more to hold her in his arms and see she was truly offline than to fight the mech that had done it. A smirk found its way onto Megatron's faceplate as he watched the Prime slowly fall to his knee-plates next to her, gently taking her into his arms.

Time stands still

Beauty in all she is

I will be brave

The image of Elita-1, dead in his arms, haunted Optimus for the rest of his life.

Especially when Jack had asked if Cybertronians ever had romantic relationships and Miko asked Optimus if he ever had one.

He had been silent the rest of that day, much to the humans' confusion.

I will not let anything take away what's standing in front of me

Every breath, every hour has come to this

The femme seemed to look up, and she took a step towards him, a small smile slowly spreading across her faceplate. Optimus stopped, knowing that if he continued, the Matrix would have to be passed down to another.

He knew who that other would already be.

He would learn how to be a Prime, just like he did.

One step closer...

I have died every day waiting for you

Darling don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more...

Optimus slowly took that one step closer to the light.

"Optimus!" Ratchet cried as he noticed the Prime's visible spark slow in its pulsing.

And all along I believed I would find you

Time has brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more...

"Elita?" Optimus finally asked, as if somehow saying her name would make her suddenly disappear.

One step closer...

"Optimus," she replied, as she slowly advanced closer.

One step closer...

Optimus stepped forward, ready to hold her in his arms again like he had done so many times before.

I have died every day waiting for you

Darling don't be afraid, I have loved you

For a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more...

"I've missed you, Optimus," Elita whispered, slowly stretching out her servo towards him.

And all along I believed I would find you

Time has brought your heart to me

"I have missed you as well," Optimus replied, walking forward until the space between them was smaller.

I have loved you for a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more...

He took her servo in his, and let the troubles of the past fade away.

His optics shut off and his spark pulsed weakly one last time.

~~~

So...yeah, that happened.

Yay, cheese!

There was probably a lot of cheese.

Oh well.

Anyway I had to write this after the idea got stuck in my head. And now I just sacrificed an hour of sleep that I really needed.

Haha welp

This was worth it.

I hope you guys enjoyed this, maybe I'll do another oneshot about the kids asking OP about Elita or something

Idk that one has been in my head since forever

Also, if you really want to know how I think this song fits because you don't think it fits or something, let me know; I'll explain.

Also, if you wanted to know who the next prime would be and you didn't figure it out, read that one part again.

And the sentence above this one.

It's a play on words a little. ;)

Thanks for reading~

-Bumblemus Prime