Chapter 3

They were stunned at the sight before them. They couldn't believe what they were seeing. It was a short, lean child with pointed ears wearing a milky pink dress. This child, had small wings that sparkled in the sunlight. They were a gorgeous light blue that was similar to that of a crystal. They also had wide, glimmering hazel eyes along with long brunette hair with bangs that were cut sloppily and hung just above the eyes. Their skin was a pale pink, with a rosy pink blush that lie over the nose and cheeks. With a toothy smile, they spoke happily.

    "Hello, I'm Adelaide, pleasure to meet you!" With astonishment and confusion, they all froze. She had a sweet, melodic voice, that seemed almost like music. "Hello, yes, we were wondering of our whereabouts? Where are we, and...who are you?", Lucille managed to question. "Oh, sorry, please forgive me. This, is the garden of Eden! Plenty of beings live here in harmony and happiness. Well, except for the Witches' Grove.", she squeaked excitedly, "And I'm Adelaide Chroma! I live here with my mother and my sister Anthea. I'm 8 years old and I love to play!"

    By this time, Sam had been hiding behind Lucille, peeking out from time to time to gaze at her. "Oh, you should get along great with my brother, Sam!", Lucille stated. Lucille looked down and back at their younger sibling. "C'mon out, Sam. You should meet Adelaide." He shook his head vigorously. He was shy, but it was funny, seeing as though he was very charismatic and outgoing. Adelaide tilted her head in confusion, as she looked at him. This only made him shyer. She flew over to him and landed in front of him. Nope. He backed away slowly but surely, while carefully studying her precious face.

    In the process of backing away, he tripped over a stone and fell backwards, trying to play it off like it was cool. "I-I-I m-meant to do that!", he claimed. Everyone knew this was a lie, but Adelaide ran to assist him. "Are you okay?" "O-oh, yeah, it's cool.", he stuttered, as his face turned a bright shade of red. She helped him up, smiling at him, and flying away, returning to the group.

    He stood there stunned for a minute, as she continued to converse with the others. "Is there anything else you are in need of?" "Do you think you could show us where the others are?", Lucille asked. "Of course! We're celebrating a festival today, but my family usually just watches.", she said. "I'll show you the way!"

    Her wings flapped excitedly, as the others walked behind, following her steps.  As they neared the others, they realized just how beautiful the scenery was. They were sat atop a hill, and could see the festival take place down below. There was tents set up and several people, who looked like ants from this height, spending time together and enjoying themselves. There was an exceptional amount of different, vibrant colors. There was something different about all of them, though. They were all different species of creatures, ranging from trolls to talking cats. You could just barely hear passing conversations of all the others from below.

    There was one part of the lands that was darker than the rest. It was a gloomy area where trees hung low and there was little to no life existing. This, they all assumed was the Witches' Grove. All that showed hints of life was a small cottage that was hidden behind the trees, barely even visible. It gave off a faint light that shown through the trees. If that wasn't there, they would have thought it was completely vacant. Most of them ignored this, but some were curious about what lied behind the dark brush.

    Anthea noticed her sister, and rushed towards her bountifully. Anthea was a tall, very shy girl who was about 15 years old. She had slightly tan skin with freckles along her cheeks, nose, and shoulders. She had short, strawberry blonde hair that complemented her icy blue stare. Her teeth were gapped in the front, but it was very cute. Her wings were pointed, like her ears, and a light amethyst shade. She wore a white collared shirt with slight puffs on each arm and a 67 pleated rose pink skirt. She wore black and yellow bumble bee tights, along with with yellow flats with lace butterfly wings on the heels. They embraced and smiled.