3-Jason

I was only pretending to work. I was really just sitting in the stables watching the unicorns neigh and twiddling my thumbs. Reyna, my bestie walked by and dumped the usual mail on the edge of the shelf.

Not the usual actually... There was a weird envelope on top of everything else.

I opened it and read it, before jumping up to chase after Reyna.

---

"I hope this is worth it, Jason, I don't have time for you trying to make waffles the official food of new Rome again."

I could barely get Reyna to talk to me privately, and her dogs really put me on edge.

"I just got a letter," I paused, and Reyna nodded expectantly. "From a school."

"What?" Reyna actually looked confused. Is that possible? Yes it is possible because she seems to be right now.

"It's from a school of magic. For wizards and witches and such." I rushed out.

Reyna had one of her few moments. Her jaw dropped, before quickly composing herself.

"Go tell Rachel." Was all she said.

Rachel was one of our praetors, and Reyna totally adored her. I think Reyna wants to be a praetor when Rachel "retires" so she might be trying to pick up tips? I'm not sure. Rachel always seems so stressed out.

But I did it anyway.

You know what Rachel did? She put me in a room to wait.

But I didn't have to wait that long, because Rachel came back with two other kids, Hazel and Frank, who are in my legion. I don't talk to them a ton because they are kind of shy.

"So all three of you are wizards. And you guys are going to a magic school." Rachel was pacing, like she always did. "I'll send you three on some sort of quest i think... To keep everyone else from wondering..."

"Wait so we get to go?!" I shouted, jumping up.

She sighed. "Yes, you get to go. But don't tell anyone about this or you'll be cleaning out the stables for the rest of the year."

Frank and Hazel nodded at that, but i was all shifty.

Rachel bored holes through my forehead- i could feel the fire. "Who did you tell, Jason?"

"Reyna." I said, really soft.

"I need to talk with her."

And with that, she left.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soooorrrrrryyyyyy it's been sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggg guys. I just had stuff to do and drama to deal with.

Anyway this chapter was super hard for me cuz honestly Jason's brain makes no sense to me.

Bleh.

anyway.

VOTE

FOLLOW

COMMENT

AND DON'T EAT RHINO POO :)