Chapter 2

*Alexis POV *

   "Hey Scar!" I said getting off my bike.

   Right, let me rewind and describe Scar to you; Scar is my best friend in New York (where I currently live) who knows what I'm really like outside of school, she also knows what I'm like in school too. She has long blood red hair, pale skin, vibrant green eyes and she was about 5'8" tall with a slender frame. She's outgoing, slightly crazy and a complete badass, if I do say so myself.

   "Hey, up for a round of the track?" She asked while getting on her bike, a 2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Pikes Peak.

   "Sure. Still think you can win?" I asked in a cocky manor.

   "You may always have beaten me but I'm confident about this one." She replied with her usual sass.

"Alright then, let's get down to business." I said as I flipped down my visor and revved up my engine. She did the same. I gave her a nod to signal after three.

   I took in a deep breath and let it go, counting to 3 in my head, letting all my worries and fear wash away. On 3 I opened my eyes and sped off.

   We were only reaching 60 mph coming up to the first turn I sped up to 80 and Scar followed. I went round to the outside of the turn and at the last moment I took off the excellerator, pulled the brake slightly then twisted round the the corner. I hadn't even fully came out of the turn before my brake was off and my hand pulling the excellerator again. The track was basically straight at this point so I took it as a chance to speed up. I was now reaching speeds up to about 100 mph. We continued around the course which consisted of 4 turns and 2 u-turns, gradually seeding up as we went. By the time we were on the last section of the track all my stress and worries had completely left me.

   As we were approaching the finish line, Scar and I were neck at neck and at the last second I pushed over 140 mph and whizzed over the finish line, crossing first. I pulled the brake and turned the bike to the finish line, facing Scar. I took off my helmet and dismounted my bike.

   "Good race, you almost got me." I congratulated Scar, but not without adding a wink.

   "Thanks, I thought I had it there at the last 50 yards until you went flying past." She replied with a soft sigh.

   "Maybe next time." I said with a laugh, "Come on, let's go into the underground and see what's on."

   We left our bikes at the track and walked to the warehouse just beside it. We went in through the side door. The smell of sweat, alcohol and a few illegal substances hits you as you walk in. I don't cringe like a normal person would, by now I was use to it and barely even noticed it most of the time. We walked straight up to the bar were Gary, an old friend, was working tonight.

   "Hey Scar! Hey Midnight! What can I get ya?" He asked with his Boston accent.

   Right so I have some explaining to do; so when I was in Boston I had a... um... what shall we say it was... umm... a "group of friends" and we all got in trouble and did a lot of things we should regret but we don't. We all had nicknames for each other so no one would know are real names as to keep our family and other friends safe, mine was midnight because of my black hair and silver eyes. No one in New York City knew me by that name, in fact the underground or the places where we did all of the illegal stuff. All think is I'm dead, here, back in Boston, and well, everywhere. My "group of friends" and I are quite well known in that scene but since I left Boston numerous rumours have spread of my death. Which helps me make it harder for the gang (we would just call the group of friends a gang majority of the time) to find and locate me.

   Right, now that that's settled you're probably thinking, "Well if everyone thinks Midnight is dead and you're hiding from the people in Boston then why is someone with a Boston accent calling u midnight". Well Gary is an old friend I had before the 'gang' or "group of friends". He does know my real name, it's just since I'm popular at my local high school for being a goody two shoes, if someone from my school over heard him call me it then things would awkward, and if people overhear the name midnight they most likely will think he is just telling us the new rumour about how she apparently died.

   "Just coke please Gary." Scar replied, probably not wanting to drink anything because she's riding her baby home.

   "Same as Scar, thanks Gary." I answered not bothering to deal with a hang over tomorrow.

   Gary gave us our drinks then left to serve someone else.

   "So any thing interesting happen today?" I inquired.

   "Not really to be honest. No ones on to me, well that I know of. But there is a few rumours going round that some boys from Boston are transferring, I just hope to God it's not them or I'm fucked." Thinking back at what happened today.

   "Don't stress over it, Boston's huge,  it could be anyone. The likelyhood it's them is extremely slim so don't get worked up over them, kay?"

   "Yeah I guess, it's so stressful keeping up this act up like. It's not that I have fake friends or anything because I actually have great friends and I like them. It's just they know more about the races and the underground than some of them let on, and I have to pretend to not have a clue about this type of thing apart from what they tell me, plus keeping my sassy and sarcastic remarks to myself is extremely challenging by itself, not to mention in PE hiding get my tattoos and abilities." I say with stressful sigh at then end. Sometimes it can get too much or I almost says something and just about catch myself on.

   "You're doing great you only have 6 months left before uni and then you can be yourself full time again!" Scar reassured me.

   "Thanks Scar, I honestly don't know what I do without you." I replied truly grateful.

   "No problem, anytime! We should probably get going it's almost 11."

   "Sure, let's go." I say as I get off my stool and exit the underground. We head towards our bikes and get on.

   "See ya!!" Scar shouts as she drives away.

   "BYEEE!!" I shout at her disappearing figure.

I drive off to my house letting the wind blow through my hair since I left the helmet in the compartment of my bike. I reach my house, park my bike in the garage then head to my bedroom. My parents are most likely asleep by now. I get underwear and pjs then head to the shower after doing my bathroom routine. I get into bed and go to sleep, only to receive one of my many nightly nightmares.

*********************************

Hey guys so hope you liked the chapter , plz vote ❤️

I'm trying to make the chapters longer .

RIGHT I REALLY DO NEED HELP PLZ COMMENT SUGGESTIONS FOR THE 4 BOYS FROM BOSTON NAMES SHOULD BE !!!

thx for reading xx

Until next time😘

Edited to the best of what I can make sense of the book since half the chapter was spelled wrong and the other half didn't make sense -_nobodys_home_