Chapter 3

Oh shit.

I was walking to the restaurant where Paula and I were supposed to meet up, wearing my Ash costume (I took what I said to Ashton very seriously). And I swear, you’re not gonna believe what happened next.

She was cheating on me. With another girl.

No, it was not her friend or sister or cousin, because they held hands and stared at each other, then kissed.

I didn’t drop the ring, or enter the restaurant to confront her. I just ran away, tears flowing out of my eyes. I tried to wipe them, but they just keep coming. I was running, trying to escape reality. When I reached our hotel, I entered the elevator and punched the wall. I rested my forehead on my arm, then I sobbed. I just couldn’t believe it. The love of my life cheated on me, and I caught her right on the day when I was about to goddamn propose. I wanted to hate her, to call her up and tell her how much of a fucking bitch she is, but I couldn’t. I love her too much. I sat down and put my palms on my eyes, trying to cage the tears in my eyes. I let out a loud scream.

Then the doors opened.

Ashton was standing there. He first stared at me blankly, then pushed the OPEN button. He hurriedly knelt down, grabbed my arm, and pulled me out. “What do you want?”, I say without expression. “Dude, what’s wrong?”, he said with concern. I never heard his voice like that. I wasn’t answering; I had a fixed stare and a pursed lip. He was shaking my shoulders and asking me what’s the matter, but I wasn’t answering. He dragged me to our hotel room and shook my shoulders for one last time. “It’s Paula!”, I yelled, trying to hold back the tears but they just keep falling. “What? What about her?”, he asked.

“Sh-she, she cheated on me!”, I stuttered.

“What? With who?”, he had a rough tone.

“With a”, I stopped midsentence; it still seems surreal to me. “With a girl.”, I continued, trying to hide my emotions from my voice.

“What?!”, that was all that came out from his mouth. It’s the only thing that came out from mine, either.

“I just can’t believe it, you know? I love her, even now, when I saw her kiss another girl. I love her. Why do I still love her?! I don’t wanna love her anymo-“, I was stopped. The next thing I know, Ashton’s lips were on mine. He has his hand on my back, and I was playing with his hair—it was soft, it had an ethereal shade of brown that I couldn’t see because I have my eyes closed. He pulled back. I didn’t say a word, my lips are still swell, and he didn’t, too. He just walked over to the door, locked it, and kissed me again. He was gently pushing me to the wall and when we reached it, he pulled back again. “We’re gonna get back at Paula, okay? You’ll be fine.”, he said, his lips brushing on mine. I kissed him, and this time, he was the one against the wall.

Why did I kiss him?

Why did I kiss him back?

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hola goooisssss

I know I haven't updated every Thursday like i promised but i'm back and I'm not going anywhere! I'm gonna update everyday from now on since I have a lot of free time in my hands. I know I'm three days late, but merry Christmas! My present for you guys is this wonderful chapter where I almost dided while writing it. Hope to hear from you soon xx