Chapter 4- Weapon of Destruction

Please do tell me if you are comfortable with me taking the plot slow. Thanks for reading.

"You are pathetic, just look at you." Mark scoffed, Gracia's slouched form not making a single movement. Mark stepped in the cell, gripping Gracia's jaw, making her look up at him forcefully as he gazed into her broken gaze. "What happened to you Gracia hmm? I thought you were strong enough to not break from my punishments. Oh darling this is just the start." He spoke with such pride and mischief, making chills run down Gracia's spine as she tried to wriggle out of his grasp, letting out a small whimper of pain at Mark's strong grip on her.

He pushed her back harshly against the wall, letting go of her as he clapped his hands, startling one of the guards which immediately rushed in the cell since Mark was motioning him. He stayed quiet for a moment, a tense silence settling down as Mark thought for a moment.

"She is ready Marshal, take her to the lab and get her ready for the procedure. Lord Henry will be pleased to know that his weapon will be ready in a few hours." Mark spoke with excitement, his eyes gleaming with enthusiasm and a hint of insanity. The guard didn't waste any time as he unlocked the chains and pulled her harshly by her hair, forcing her to stand up. Mark was gone, making Gracia wonder if he had been really there. She didn't know what was real or not anymore, porbably due to dehydration and starvation.

She was guided through the maze of halls that had become her home now. They made many turns, and she tried to memorize them to when she went back to her cell to try and find an escape, but she soon lost concentration and got lost after the seventh turn around a corner.

They arrived at a white door in several minutes. The hall was empty besides that mysterious door and the both of them, making it more suspicious to Gracia about what procedure they were talking about specifically. "Where are we?" She managed to ask in a hushed tone, being received by a glare from the guard as he stood straight and knocked on the door loudly.

Several seconds passed by without an answer. Everything stay stilled before movement from the other side was heard, followed by hushed voices and the jimgles of keys. The door was unlocked and when it was opened, Gracia was received by a painfully blinding white light, making her try to shield her eyes weakly as her eyes remaining closed.

"Oh good lord, what happened to her? She is in perfect conditions for the procedure!" The voice exclaimed in an excited tone. Gracia couldn't help but open her eyes to see who was the owner of the voice. She wasn't at all surprised when she saw the scientist of the town, Ms. Kells. She was really known for her advance in technologies and the invention of weapons that had brought glory to many rulers around the world. Or so rumors were.

But the fact that she was known for making weapons made her wonder why was she even there in the first place. Ms. Kells worked with machinery and metal, not a human being. Not mentioning an alive human being.

"Strap her to the table, I'll go get the vials ready!" She exclaimed enthusiastically, clapping her hands as she walked past them, leaving the both alone. The guard wasted no time as he pushed her towards a table, standing close to her as he gripped her arm. "Lay down. And if you try anything, you'll get a punishment understood?"

Gracia gave a nod, moving so she was standing. She looked over at the metal table, her eyes narrowing at the sight of leather straps on the four corners of the table. She hesitantly climbed on it, moving so she was in a laying position. The guard took one of her arms, attaching a strap and adjusting so it would hold her tightly. Gracia squirmed at the uncomfortable sensation, watching as he adjusted the las strap on her left foot, leaving her unable to protect herself since her arms were now extended, her body looking like a star as she layed helplessly on it.