Synopsis

So, this is pretty much a spoiler story. If you haven't read Allegiant, don't even read past here. I want to put the synopsis of the story here, because I don't want to spoil anyone with the title or with the synopsis. So if you haven't read Allegiant (this means getting past chapter 50) PLEASE don't read on! Thank you!

So, as all we Allegiant readers know, our lovely female heroine (who I won't name in case anyone's eyes just happened to flit down from the above paragraph-- I know mine do that all the time) has passed away in Chapter 50 of Allegiant. Allegiant was the first book I've ever cried reading, since I fell so in love with this character. Yeah, there may have even been some grieving done, because I certainly thought of her as so much more than a character: she was a friend, a sister. As a writer, I haven't killed off many characters yet, and a few pieces (such as "Heavy In Your Arms") I write for the sole purpose of expressing a death. But in these pieces, where death takes place, I never really cry or get upset, because they're my own characters and stories and I knew what would happen with them from the beginning. So, I decided to make this character's death my own to see if it would help me, since I would make it somewhat my own. Did it help? I think so. I mean, I don't know where I would have been if I didn't write it, but I think this did help.

I started this piece on October 29, 2013: four days after I finished Allegiant.

I finished this piece on December 27, 2013: at 12:14 am.

{I figured that I'd put those dates here in case the papers that this was originally written on got lost somehow.}

So I'm guessing you know what this is about by now. It is written in her perspective, and it starts out at the moment of death (no, I don't describe the gun wound-- there's nothing gruesome in this story). Please comment! I LOVE hearing what you think, and I'd especially love it if you commented here because you all are the first EVER to read it!! So, please enjoy, and I'm sorry if I make you cry (apparently I've done that before, and that's REALLY flattering...)!

Lots of love,

Julia:)