Chapter Twenty One: Pilots

(A/N: HAHA THE TITLE, GET IT? IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CHAPTER AT ALL BUT IT'S FUNNY)

"It's quite simple actually.. You would think that adults are far more complicated than children.. but you aren't fully capable of the complexity of a child." My professor spoke intelligently. "In order to understand the full state of mind, you'll spend this semester on children." I laughed on the inside; This won't be so hard. I'm a child after all. "Children is touchy subject. Some of you are desperately wanting some. Some of you already have some. But some of you are dreading this next assignment and that's okay."

"Hey." A girl, known as Kaitlyn, tapped on my shoulder as she smacked obnoxiously on her gum and whispered. "Do you got another pencil I could use?" I shook my head and she scowled. "You have two right there on your desk you stupid bitch, god." She threw a paper ball at me and she snickered lightly along with her friends.

"Now, I have a guest speaker here for us today, quite a nice young fellow with extraordinary work. He's certified in his psychology but he's merely a pediatric physician. Please welcome him in your into your classroom after lunch." Everyone stood up and I realized it didn't even make any sense for her to borrow a pencil. When people borrow stuff like pencils and pens, it means take for the rest of their life so no, nobody was borrowing anything. I stood and went up the class stairs as Lexi waited patiently by the door.

"Hey!" She smiled upon arrival. "Look who's here." She nodded across from her and Danny stood, leaning against a wall as Kaitlyn grew closer and closer to him. I couldn't act like a crazy bitch, but I could claim him. I walked over to him quickly and he smiled as he saw me.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I looked at him and linked arms before glaring at Kaitlyn.

"I made you lunch silly, baked chicken just for you." He handed me the container and I squealed, taking it and hugging him. Before I could thank him, he continued. "Also I'm speaking for a class today. My dad's colleague wanted me to speak on child development or something."

"Hey, you're our speaker!" I exclaimed. "Thank you by the way."

"Thank you, what?"

Kaitlyn still stood right in front of us, angry and I knew I would become a laughing stock if I called him Daddy. He glared me with a hard look and I shyly looked down. His face softened as he noticed I was uncomfortable. He smiled softly, "Come on, I'll walk y-"

"Uhm.." Kaitlyn obnoxiously said, grabbing Danny but he pulled away instantly and glared darkly at her.

"Don't touch me, and don't you dare even have the thought to make any comment right now. About me, about Alex, about anyone. You're going to calm your little pubescent self down and shush. Now, I'm going to go walk my cute little pumpkin to lunch, you're going right back to your friends that you won't speak to after senior year and be quiet, mkay? I'll see you in class." We linked arms and she stormed away dramatically.

"Ah, burritos. A lovely creation from the burrito gods." Lexi smiled as she pulled out her abnormally long burrito.

"Ooh baked chicken. A lovely creation from the cooking god himself, in the flesh."

Danny stretched dramatically and grinned, "Yeah I know. I wouldn't call myself a god but.." He nodded enthusiastically, "I am."

"Yeah, you're my god." I joked and kissed him.

"Gross ugh." Lexi fake gagged.

"Your lips taste like chicken." He said with a chuckle and I giggled.

"Like cock?" I laughed and he looked at me, and faked gasped.

"Alex, oh my god, the profanity." He put his hand on his chest and Lexi laughed.