2: The guild of old sadnesses and Current money problems

>Your P.O.V<

"Are you ok?" The voice echoed around your head, seeming to bounce and reflect and multiply, the sound growing louder and pulling a splitting headache to the surface of your consciousness. A girl was sitting in the chair next to you, her short dark hair in a bob. She appeared to be sitting on a chair, next to your bed in a place that appeared to be an infirmary.

You immediately went on the defensive, automatically reaching for the knife in your boot. Which was on the floor under the bed, in your boot. The motion caused a spike of pain to run through your skull, and you lay back on the bed wincing in pain.

"You probably shouldn't move. I'm so glad you woke up. We'll explain more later, when you're feeling better. I'll be downstairs if you need anyone."

She glanced back at the doorframe. "My name is Kinana, and this is the guild, fairy tail" She smiled slightly awkwardly and exited the room.

As sigh escaped your lips. You didn't seem to be in immediate danger, and these people had helped you so far. Slowly, you shifted your legs out of the bed. If you moved slowly, in stages, it was possible to avoid worsening the headache you already had.

The bed you were lying on had clean sheets, and the walls were a pale cream colour. The bed frame was a deep rich wood, and there were four beds on either wall, facing each other. There were a total of eight beds, and a medium sized window let in dappled sunlight.

You slid your feet into your boots, carefully adjusting the positioning of the knife. You had two more in your cloak, which had been removed and placed on a small bedside table. The knives had been placed on top.

Removing the several of spare card decks, you counted how many you had left. You had three full decks, and the remains of the deck you had used on Ginger.

There were voices coming from downstairs. You could only hear broken parts of the conversation, but it didn't seem friendly.

"Thought...come here... "

"...represents Magnolia..."

"...we... spirit..."

"...months pay..."

"...debt payments..."

You collected the two knives that had been on top of your cloak, taking one in each hand. Quietly padding out of the room in your soft-soled boots, You snuck a look out the top of the stairwell. It was Thibault, and various members of Twilight Ogre. The argument was about how Twilight Ogre had loaned money when Fairy Tail was on the verge of collapse, and how they now had to pay back the money with huge amount of interest.

"Wait until next month. We'll pay up" That was a thin haired man, who, judging by his position facing the members, was the guild master.

Thibault grinned.

>Narrator's P.O.V<

Thibault's kick hit Macao in the ribs, and the guild master flew across the room. The Twilight Ogre members laughed amongst themselves, and the members of fairy tail all looked like the wanted to fight back. The shadow of a girl watching moved from the top of the stairs and shifted back down the hallway.

"Wait! We mustn't fight them." A man with not much hair and a thick cigar gritted his teeth as the Twilight Ogre members proceeded to smash the furniture, drink the ale, and cause as much chaos as they could.

As they exited, Thibault looked back over his shoulder, leaving a warning about the monetary payments. The entire guild was in shambles, and all the members looked downcast.

>Your P.O.V<

The creamy ceiling above you had peeling paint, and more than one place where water had leaked through previously.

I can't stay here. If I get caught up i their money problems, Twilight Ogre will beat me up even more. I haven't even heard of this guild before... I think they were called Fairy Tail.

A/N: For the sake of the plot, the reader was born and raised in a place other than Fiore...

I can't reveal it yet. Please bear with me.

You shifted again, suddenly (painfully) remembering your injury.

Oh well. If I can just stay out of the way until I'm healed, then I can leave without causing any trouble. If this guild was stronger, then maybe I would join...

Lying back on the bed, you sighed in regret. It would take some time for you to fully heal. Until then, you couldn't do anything at all.

Several hours later...

There were loud voices downstairs again. You shifted back to the top of the stairwell, one hand holding your knife.

A boy was walking towards Thibault, a purple flame in his hand.

"Everyone are cowards. I'm gonna fight!"

"Romeo!" said the man with the cigar.

"STOP!" said the master, running towards Thibault, who was lifting his spiked club.

"You will never rise above us as long as you live!" Right after saying that, Thibault was booted through the air. All the Fairy Tail members stared in shock as the rest of the Twilight Ogre members were frozen, kicked, slashed and punched out of the way.

"We're home!" said the guy who you knew had been named Salamander.

"Sorry to keep you guys waiting!" Yelled a small blue cat.

"What happened!?"

"Well..." mumbled a girl with blonde hair.

As they explained what had happened, you decided the danger had passed. Tucking the knife into the sash that doubled as your belt, you sat on the top of the stairs and sighed tiredly.

Walking downstairs while they broke out the ale and food, you made a decision.

If their strongest people have returned, then they shouldn't have many more money troubles...

Stepping over to Kinana (the only person you felt comfortable approaching) you asked, somewhat apologetically, "Um, may I please join this guild?"

"Well, um, I guess you'll have to ask Makarov. He's the one over there with the moustache and white hair"

Walking up to Makarov, you thought about what you should say. "Hello. um..."

"Sorry, I don't know your name. Did you join recently?" He smiled at you. He appeared a tiny bit drunk.

"Well, actually, I'd like to join right now. My name is Y/n."

"SURE!" His enthusiasm shocked you. He clicked his fingers and a guild mark appeared. You could feel a small prickle, between your shoulder blades. But you couldn't see it.

"Thank you very much." You were glad you'd decided to join the guild. But it was irritating that you couldn't see the mark.