6: M. G.

The things Jack said, bothers me more than I like it to do. I just can't help thinking that it's something about it. A few days has passed since he said it, and every time I see Megan, the words seems to pop up in my head.

I have history this lesson, a subject I unfortunately don't have with either Megan or Jack. I think the closest I am to knowing someone in class, is one of Jacks band mates. And I usually don't care much about them. It's not like I would consider calling them friends.

At the end of the lesson, as I walk out the door to the classroom, I catch a glimpse of Megan. I must have been looking rather worn out because she walks up to me with in a comforting kind of way. "Still haven't found any friends? You can sit with me and my friends in the cafeteria if you want". "Oh, tanks" I answer and feel like a complete idiot.

She leads me to her regular table, where here friends are sitting. "Hi, this is a new friend of me, her name is Kristy. She's new here". I Just smile, I don't know what else to do. "Hi" some of her friends reply. I can't help but to think that her friends are really, really pink. And when I say pink, I mean this kind of attitude that bloggers tend to have (not saying every blogger, though). When the whole world tends to only be about make-up and fashion.

****

"And may I ask where you have been, Miss?" I rolled my eyes, Jack acts more like he's babysitting me than being my friend. I just laugh at him.

We're standing in the parking lot and the last class is just done. "You went somewhere with Megan, didn't you?" "I sat with her in lunch, that's all" I say. Jack shrugs his head. "I know I should be more supportive, but I just can't watch you hook up with that girl". "it's not 'a hook up'. I'm just crushing on her. My feelings can vanish at any moment". This is a total lie, but it seems to calm Jack down enough not to bring it up anymore.

When I get home, I head up to my room to do some homework. Maths and stuff. I don't really know which books I'd put in my backpack after leaving the classroom. When I'm about to go and get some water my phone buzzes in my pocket. I've got a new text.

The text read:

"Hi, I just wondered if you wanted to hang out this evening

M. G."

I know once I see it.

M.G. is Megan Gold.