Chapter 21

A/N Yeah, a two week wait and this is what you get? A shitty chapter? I'm sorry ;-;

-

-

-

Jayy's POV

"WE'RE HOME!" Dahvie shouted with glee, stepping into the house as soon as I opened the door for him. He rushed inside and spun around the room with such childlike innocence that I couldn't help but laugh at him. Even though I was carrying about ten thousand bags inside. Yeah, we had never unpacked from our tour bus until now, and I offered to carry in all of our shit like the gentleman I am. *insert laugh here* So maybe it wasn't ten thousand bags, but it felt like it. Who knew how many bags two people could need?

As soon as I stepped inside, I dropped our luggage to the side and closed the door behind me. I left the bags where they lay and walked up behind a distracted Dahvie who couldn't stop looking around the room with happiness. My arms slipped around his waist and he was pulled to my chest.

"How does it feel to finally be home Dahvs?" I asked him softly, not wanting to ruin the moment.

"Awesome.." he answered just as quietly, "But I could ask you the same thing Jayy," Dahvie spun around while still in my hold. He was now looking up at me, "Haley told me how you wouldn't leave my side at the hospital." he admitted. Oh. I blushed and looked down. How embarrassing. Did he think that was strange? Weird? Did he think I was clingy?

"It was the sweetest, most adorable thing ever." he told me as if he could read my mind, bringing my gaze back to him, "You didn't have to do that Jayy, but it made me smile when she told me you did. Just the thought of it....it's cute Jayy.." Dahvie bit his lip as a smile made its way onto his face just thinking about it.

"All I want is to see you smile." I told him with my own grin, "I waited a long time to see it again, and it better stay there forever." I teased him, tapping his nose with my finger. Dahvie chuckled, shaking his head at me.

"You think you can keep me smiling?" Dahvie asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Of course I can." I winked at him, "Or I'll try my very best." I promised him. He seemed to think about that for a minute.

"I don't need to smile all the time Jayy. No one can do that. Life is full of happiness, but it's also full of sadness, anger and all these other emotions. Just promise me you'll be there. Just be there beside me and I'm already happy enough." Dahvie kissed my nose.

"Wow, that was super cheesy." I teased him, giving him a kiss on the nose too.

"Yup!" he chirped happily, "That's me. Get use to it." he said stubbornly.

"Does that mean I get to hear more cheesy lines in the future?" I asked him with a gleam in my eye. He noticed the hint in my words quickly. He bit his lip again, looking slightly nervous.

"Maybe." he whispered so quietly that I thought I had imagined it. But his eyes locked with mine, and I knew he really had said it out loud for me to hear.

"That's good enough for me." I breathed out before leaning down to kiss him. My lips found his with ease, fitting together perfectly, as if they had never been apart. It was only a short kiss. Short, but still sweet.

I pulled away to see Dahvie's eyes flutter open. I smiled at how cute he looked after I kissed him.

"So." Dahvie spoke, bringing me back from my thoughts. I realized I had been staring at him, and wondered if he had noticed. The way he chuckled made me think he had noticed.

"So what?" I questioned him. Dahvie rolled his eyes at me.

"Are you going to make me say this?" he asked me. I had an idea about what he was going to say now, but I'd still like for him to tell me. So I nodded.