Gamble

"Oh my gosh! Hey Alyssa, how are you? I saw that thing with your father in New York. You were awesome!" Nicole exclaimed. Alyssa held the phone away from her head since Nicole was so loud.

"Yeah, I know. I'm actually calling for a different reason. England and France are kind of in a war right now because the Queen wants to rule all of Europe and It might be my fault. I want this to end but France can't win this war." Alyssa explained.

"So you want America to get in on the action. I'm sorry, I can't do that. America can't just declare war just because France has beef with England."

"I'm not asking that. Think of it this way, my step mother wants me dead and my little brother dead because we know that she and Gabriel committed treason. This isn't about our countries. It's personal" Alyssa said, her foster mother was hiding something just like Gabriel. The only question was what was she hiding.

"Oh. So you're saying you need resources, like covert operative stuff. Well,  maybe I could ask around. I hear England is pretty this time of year. I'll get you the information you need." Nicole said with a smile in her voice.

"I don't need her dead. I need to talk to her. She's going to tell me all her dirty little secrets, and then this war will be at an end." Alyssa said firmly, clenching her fist. Nicole chuckled on the other side of the phone,

"This is going to be exciting!" She said before hanging up. Alyssa put the phone up and exhaled sharply. She grabbed her glass of ice water and walked upstairs to her room. She poked her head into Adrien's room.

Plague was snoring on his desk, snuggled up next to a teddy bear while Adrien was passed out on his bed. The moonlight filtered in and made his blonde hair look silvery.

"I'm sorry little brother, but I can't get you involved in this. These are lines that you can't cross." She murmured softly. If Alyssa was caught she would be in trouble with not just France, but with England and worst of all, the United States of America. Alyssa walked to her room and laid down on her bed, falling asleep quickly.

The scent of coffee woke Alyssa up in the morning. She wandered downstairs where Adrien said drink a cup of coffee with lots of cream and sugar and eating a bowl of fruit loops.

"Really? Fruit loops?" Alyssa chuckled.

"Yeah, father always had me eat fine cuisine. I never got to eat cereal." He said around a mouthful of food. Adrien glanced at his watch and jumped up, "I should get going."

"Yeah, don't leave Marinette all alone at class." Alyssa jeered taking a sip of the coffee she just poured herself. She saw Adrien turn ten different shades of red as he briskly walked out of the house.

Alyssa sat at the large dining table, reading the newspaper when the door bell rang. She got up and before opening the door, checked to see who was out there. It was a fine young man with an American military haircut in civilian clothes. However, Alyssa saw a pistol strapped to his thigh.

She cautiously opened the door.

"Can I help you?" She said quietly.

"Uh, Nic sent me" he said in his deep voice.

"Oh! Sorry, c-come in. Wow, America does things fast!" Alyssa did trying to break the awkward tension.

"Well ma'am, I was already stationed her in France for extra protection for the US Embassy here. My name is Micheal." He said sitting down.

Alyssa lost her smile and got serious. "First thing. I don't want anyone to know about this. Strictly classified, no civilian involvement. Second, I want weekly reports on anything and everything."

"Is that all? How about a foot massage and a baguette?" Micheal said dryly. Alyssa glared at him. "Don't worry I got it. Seems like you've done this before." He said with an edge to his voice.

"No, I've only seen it done several times. Everyone has secrets, and some need to come out." Alyssa growled lowly. Micheal stood up and put out his hand.

"So we're done here." He said as they shook hands.

"Thank you for your service." Alyssa said smiling to him. Her gamble had begun. Her mother and father were involved in something big, and Alyssa was going to find out what it was.