Games On, Big Boy!

Chapter 2

Authors Note: I don't know much about hockey, I only played it for one semester. (Not ice hockey, I wish) if you know anything about it and want to share; you’re more than welcome. C:                

***********************************************************************************************************

Tuesday. The second day of the school week. I almost wanted to end now. I groaned, rolled over and attacked my alarm, reading 7:00am. I hid under my blankets, but it went off again. "Shut up!" I yelled, throwing the nearest item at the alarm, which unluckily was the novel we had to study in English. "Popping candy..." I scowled. I jumped out of bed, flipping the sheets over, to inspect the book. I didn't want to pay a good 25 bucks for this crap. It was in almost mint condition, only problem was the humble chocolate stain on one of the pages when I was having cookies. It wouldn't be that noticeable would it...? I read my alarm. 7:10am. Damn. Had I really spent that long looking at a book? I shook my morning hair, which was frizzled and escaping my head like a flock of peacocks. I changed into the dull school uniform and reluctantly walked out of the bedroom.

A nice caramel cinnamon smell hit me. Porridge, just what I need. Porridge was like an Italian man's coffee to me. It practically was water, but thicker, and more flavourful. I plonked myself on the wooden chair, and sunk into it. "Morning mother." I grumbled. I tried not making my tone sound depressed or stressed, but it obviously didn't seem to be portrayed that way. "What's up with you Hun? You sound like you were fighting off bears all night." I sighed. Only if I was fighting off bears last night. I was conquering the mountain teachers call, 'homework'. If I fought off bears, at least I had something good to feel about. But, of course, I didn't.

"Earth to Bixie-box..." Stunned, I sat up straight in my chair and took a whiff of my yummy porridge. It almost looked way too good to eat. But it wasn't, so I practically inhaled it. I chuckled. "Ha-ha, Mum, I think I did fight off bears all night." "That's lovely Boxie. Do you need more porridge?" She was staring at my now empty bowl. For a girl, I eat like a dog. I smirked, a bit ashamed. "Ah, no thanks mother. LOVE YOU!" I grabbed my backpack and speeded out the door. Only to remember I didn't get my novel from my room. Awkwardly, I slumped inside again to my bedroom, pack my novel and quickly brush my teeth, I hate it when it feels dirty and yuck. I bid my mother farewell again, which I'm guessing she was bedazzled from, and raced to the bus stop.

After another music-filled bus ride to school, I peacefully walked down the pavement leading to the steps to the school entrance. I was studying my shoes, when someone walked up to me. Ha, that's new. Usually it's vice versa. It was Sally with her usual wild red hair, and black graphitised converses. Maybe I should ask Emily and Tess if the approve. They were the two truest friends I have, but they don't go to Royal Patrons Grammar College, they both go to Marcus King's College of The Performing Arts. I'm honestly so jealous of them, I have no musical talent whatsoever; I sometimes wonder what any of us have alike. But Sally wasn't alone, she was with some guy, who was buff and built. He had a Cody Simpson flick going with his brown hair, which contrasted from his strange saffron eyes. Weirdest colour I had ever seen. Honestly didn't seem like her type, no offence to her. But, never judge a book by its cover, right?

 "Hey there." Sally started. I choked a, "Hello." I heard her whisper secretly, nudging the guy, "Hey, c'mon, ask." She laughed and apologized, "Sorry, this is James Coble, he wants to ask you something." I nodded, and gulped. Maybe it was something awkward, like my bra size, or something to do with my personal life. Guys like him do that right? OMG Stop it Boxy, you’re so judgemental. "Ah, hm..." he coughed out. I almost laughed, but instead gave him an encouraging smile. "Hey, how about you take this inside, or we can plan a time, so it's not awkward?" He gave a thankful nod, and quickly turned to leave. "Ah, thanks babe." I rolled my eyes. Guess I was right. Almost. He seemed really nervous.