Nebulous

When he blinked at the beautiful sunlight and sniffed into the breeze, Oliver was glad that crazy Cracker bird had got him out of the house. Not that he would admit that to Cracker. Pest. What was the big idea, whispering in through the window while a guy is just trying to recharge? Weirdo.

Still licking his chops from a quick stop at the fish dish, he plopped himself down on the deck and washed his face properly. A little scream accompanied a flash of blue, Cracker announcing his presence as he swooped in and gracefully hop hop hopped his landing. An unlikely alliance had been forged between these two pals several months ago during Harry's Epic Lampshade Adventure. At least, that's what they called the Days of the Cone when Harry couldn't reach them. He still went all bristly, like an open pine cone whenever it was mentioned. Poof. Ta da! An angry dog.

Cracker's perceptive gaze caught that particular glint in Oliver's eye, and he knew exactly what the cat was laughing at. Cats have so many different ways of laughing at, well, everyone, it takes a special someone to catch them at it. But the dog was an obvious choice, they laughed at him most of all. Poor old Harry. He wasn't even that old. He was just so ruffled looking all the time, all that long fur going every which way. Small dog, big fur. Awesome. Just add wind and you have comedy gold.

This was the perfect time to meet for a proper discussion outside, since Harry was busy walking the humans. Cracker had already alerted Pete to the meeting, if he could escape the Sticky One long enough to get out. Pete's humans had brought home the strangest beast last year. Cracker thought it needed singing lessons, and initially spent countless hours attempting to help instruct it from the Oak tree outside its windows. This proved futile, and slightly dangerous, as the creature's humans seemed almost irritated with his good-natured daily attempts to improve the thing. No good deed unpunished. Since then, the hairless chub had taken a real interest in Pete. Much to Pete's dismay. Sure, Pete was a really nice guy, and would occasionally let Sticky put his paws in Pete's ears, eyes, nose, mouth... But there is a limit. Pete tried to explain what a tail is (the sad chubby one didn't even have a tail!), but it seemed that his words fell on deaf ears. A tail is not a handle. Period.

Oliver and Cracker were starting to wonder if Pete would ever escape, when he came bounding over the lawn and through the garden toward them. He was looking a little sticky himself, actually. 

Oliver wondered if it was catching.