CHAPTER TWENTY - THREE

FLASHBACK continued

Teresa stood up from the bed and looked at Thomas. What was he doing in her room this late in the night?

"Thomas..." she started but stopped when he took out a piece of paper. She recognized what it was straight away. The poem.

"I really loved it." He said. She started giggling, it seemed ridiculous to her. Then unexpectedly he started reading the poem in front of her and she didn't know what to say.

When he was finished he looked at her. "Your poem has really touched something in my heart."

Teresa giggled again and put a hand on her mouth. It was embarrassing. She felt...free. Even if it was ironic to say so given the fact that they were prisoners at WICKED HD. They always told them that they were special but Teresa knew they were only using them. 

Suddenly Thomas touched her hand. The hand she had on her mouth. She stopped giggling and looked at him. He slowly took her hand away from her mouth.

His face was so perfect. Teresa looked at him in the eyes. That were the part of a person that reflected the soul.

In Thomas's eyes she saw her own reflection. "You are my soul Teresa" He said.

Teresa was confused at first but then she realized that he must've read in her mind. She smiled at him.

He started moving closer and put both his hands on her face. Teresa waited.

He moved his face closer, looking at her lips. She wanted him to kiss her. She wanted him to give her first kiss.

He kissed her. It was short. It was sweet.

They pulled away from each other. Thomas stood up. "hmmm I wish we had a normal life, Teresa. Then I would have married you right away."

Teresa laughed but then she realized the sadness of it all. "Yeah, Tom. But we can wait. After all of this is over, we might get a normal life and get married."

Thomas smiled. "You are right. We can be lovers until then."

Teresa nodded her head. "Thomas it is late, I think you should go back to your room."

Thomas nodded but then he stopped as a thought passed in his mind. "Wait Teresa. When I was coming in the your room, you  were going out somewhere. That's why you opened the door even before I could knock. Where were you going in the middle of the night?"

Teresa remembered it. She had completely forgotten about it.

He was probably still waiting for her.

Suddenly the door opened. Both Thomas and Teresa shoot their head towards it.

Thomas relaxed. It was only Aris. But what was Aris doing there, in Teresa's room, in the middle of the night?

Thomas looked as Teresa quickly stood up. She was nervous. Something was wrong.

"Teresa, what the hell man?! I was waiting for you to come in my room, and you are almost an hour late to our appointment!" Aris said.