2

**Flashback

Yet another day of going to hell. I mean school. It's the same thing though right? Most people actually like this place, I never understood them. Don't get me wrong I use to love going to school, meeting up with all my friends, telling them secrets or what I did over the summer, but high school is different. It started changing my freshmen year. The first day I was so happy and I tried really hard on all my make-up, outfit, and making sure my backpack was so organized I wouldn't miss anything. I get there and everything has a different feel. 

Right when I walk into the dull school, I see no one I know. Walking toward my locker, or where I thought my locker was, every single detail was noticeable. People dressed different, you could tell who belonged to each grade, social groups where obvious, and I was purely alone. I had a good amount of friends in middle school. I wouldn't say I was popular, but I was never saw alone. This was all new for me, and overwhelming. Still looking for my locker I finally saw someone I knew, and considered a friend, Sarah. I walk up to her and notice she is with a large group of other girls I don't recognize.  "Hey Sarah, I haven't seen you all summer." 

Silence

"Have you found your locker yet? I'm still having trouble." Now all the girls are staring at me like I came from another planet. 

"Jess, did you ever think that I didn't call you over summer for a reason." Sarah's voice cuts it's way through me like it is on a mission to destroy me. 

"I... I just thought you were busy." I look down at my shoes when all the other girls start laughing. 

"I was busy avoiding you sweety. I met these amazing friends and dropped you." Ooch. That hurt. I turn around and start walking away as fast as I could without making my self look like am idiot, which already happened in our short conversation. Why did she even call me Jess, she never called me that.  High school was hitting me hard. By the time I finally got to my locker the bell rang , I still knew no one friendly, and I had no clue where my class was. Freshmen year only got worse, and so did Sarah. 

Sophomore year was even worse. Not only was I known as the school loner, but this is the year rumors started. I was also known as the outcast of the year on all social media, I would constantly get texts from people I didn't know tormenting me, it got so bad I eventually just threw my phone away. My parents were so busy with my little sister and there work they never noticed any difference in me. It also helped that I was a good actor and could always hid my feelings no matter how bad I felt. All my friends from middle school either went to a different school, or they went with Sarah and her posse. I was alone for the first time and my parents didn't even know. For the first few weeks I missed my phone because I would use it to look at old pictures of my friends and I. After a few weeks I got use to it though and was happy I finally got rid of it. It was no use for me and only did harm. It didn't stop the snotty glances I would get in the halls, or hearing my name while walking to class and then a group of laughter. 

Personally sophomore year was the worst. This year it got a little better. New freshmen were coming in, who were all whispering and staring around like they have never been in a school before.  I roll my eyes at the sight of all of them and start to head to my locker. Being alone was normal for me and I was okay with it... on the outside. I was getting my books out of my locker when a light tap on my shoulder startled me. I quickly turn around and see a boy who seems new to high school. 'Great a freshmen' I thought to my self and roll my eyes a little too much. "Are you lost or something," I ask, this time it was his turn to roll his eyes. 

"Actually, I was wondering if you needed help with your books there seems to be a lot but never mind." He turns around and walks away just as fast as he appeared. I roll my eyes again and turn back toward my locker and get the rest of my books. I was able to keep; my same locker as last year and the combination so I wasn't frantically trying to open my locker like the rest of the people of in the hallway. Just as I thought I was in the clear and was about to head to class Sarah and her posse turn the corner. 

"To bad she makes all the boys run away like that last one she can't even keep one around long enough to have him help carry her books." All her friends start laughing but I just continue to walk to call like every other day at school, this time the new freshmen are looking at me too when usually they are the ones getting looked at. Maybe this year would be just as bad as all the other years. 

The rest of the day went by like I wasn't even living in it, and when I went home it was the same as every day. I was living life without living...