Just Acting

"Cut!" the director yelled when Jace and Riele both burst into laughter.

"Sorry!" they apologized, still laughing. This was the third time this scene was interrupted by the two. A break was then called.

"Jace, you have to stop making that face," Riele said after their laughter had died down. "The whole crew probably hates us right now."

"You're right, you're right," Jace replied as they walked over to his dressing room. "It's just that the scene is so serious! I can't help it."

"It's a serious episode," Riele responded, plopping onto his beanbag chair. "Henry and Charlotte's friendship is at stake." She gaped dramatically.

"I was gonna sit there."
"Sit on the floor."
"It's my dressing room, Ri."
"Well, I'm not moving."
"Then scoot over."

Before she could, Jace plopped down onto the beanbag, purposefully on top of Riele.

"Jace, get off of me!" She laughed while trying to move away from him. He went on his phone, not budging. After several attempts, the dark-haired girl was finally able to escape. They now sat shoulder to shoulder on the beanbag, their noses in their phones.

"What do you mean 'at stake'?" Jace asked, addressing what she had said earlier.

"They might not be friends anymore."
"Why do you say that?"
"Because Henry likes her!" She said as if the answer was obvious. The blond furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"I still don't see how that means their friendship is at stake," he said.

"Henry liking Charlotte can damage their friendship. What if she doesn't like him back?"

"Well, I mean, why wouldn't she? Henry's a pretty good-looking guy." Jace ran a hand through his hair at this, making Riele laugh.

"Or even if she does, what if they break up?" Riele asked.

"They'll go back to being friends?"
"No, you idiot. It'd be awkward as hell."
"Awkward how? They've been best friends forever. I'm sure a relationship wouldn't set everything off."
"Oh really? How are things with you and Isabela?" Jace shuffled at this, scratching the back of his neck. She may have went a little over the line, but she had a point.

Jace and Isabela had broken up about a month ago, although it was made official in the media just this past week. It was a mutual split; the two had been noticeably drifting apart and finally decided to call it quits. He was hurt at first, as would any teenage boy would be after a good relationship. But they had their run, he believed, and they were both happy. Isabela had said in an interview that they were still friends, which is true, but they don't keep in touch that often. The connection they once had was just gone.

"I get what you mean," the blond answered. "But I think Henry and Charlotte's friendship is strong and a measly breakup won't set them apart." She shrugged.

"Oh, c'mon, she wouldn't want to get rid of me." He leaned his head on her shoulder and grinned cheekily up at her. She chuckled.

"I wouldn't blame her if she did," she said. Jace dramatically placed a hand to his heart, faking hurt. She laughed.

"Five minutes!" announced the intercom.

"C'mon, let's run these lines." Riele got up, dragging Jace up with her.

"Okay, Charlotte," he joked. He cleared his throat before reading the line on his script.

"Charlotte, you're not coming."
"Yes, I am."
"You could get hurt."
"So could you." Henry raised his hands in the air in frustration, then ran them through his hair.

"I'm Kid Danger. I have to go."
"And I'm Kid Danger's best friend." Charlotte sternly looked into his eyes, determined to not leave his side.

"But what if something happens to you?"
"I could ask the same about you, Henry." She took a step towards him. Henry shut his eyes tightly, shaking his head.

"Charlotte, if anything happens-"
"Nothing will happen."
"How do you know?" He took a step towards her, almost closing the space between them.

"'Cause you'll be there." She looked sincerely into his eyes. "And I won't let anything happen to you either."

Jace stared down at the dark-haired girl just inches away from him. He felt a new electricity between them that he hadn't felt before. His heart rate quickened, and he kept looking back and forth from her eyes to her lips.

"Back to set!"

"Good job, Jace!" Riele told him. "Didn't make me laugh this time." She smiled at him before walking out the door. For a moment, the blonde just stood there, still thinking about his emotions just a moment before. He didn't know whether he was relieved or disappointed their moment was interrupted. Would I have kissed her? the actor thought to himself. He ran a hand through his hair. He shook his head. We were just acting. Right?

"Coming?" Riele asked, popping her head into the doorframe of Jace's dressing room. He nodded.

"Right behind you."

**************************************************************************************

A new multi-chap! I decided to do a JacexRiele one this time. I just love the chemistry these two have behind the scenes. Btw, what do you think about the Jace/Isabela breakup? :O Lemme know in the comments, I want to talk about it lol. Thanks for reading! New chapter up soon :)