Party Mistakes

"Thanks, Will!" the gang thanked their limo driver as they stepped out of the vehicle.

They arrived to the party pretty quickly and were already greeted with paparazzi flashing cameras in their faces. They called to the cast of Henry Danger, asking for pictures and gossip.

"How are you dealing with the breakup, Jace?"
"Are you two getting back together?"
"Why'd you break up?"
"Is there a new lady in your life?"

The usual.

The four stood together, smiling for a few pictures and ignoring most of the questions before stepping into Isabela's large house.

To call it large was an understatement.

The house was filled with both familiar and unfamiliar faces. Music from the speakers could be heard from a block away. There was a DJ and even a dance floor, and practically every room in the house had some activity going on. Just then, Maeve greeted them.

"Hey, guys!" she exclaimed. "You guys look great!"

"So do you!" Riele said, giving her friend a hug. She wore a black, fitted, short-sleeve dress, her long, brown hair down and straightened.

"Where's Owen?" Sean asked. Maeve frowned.

"Uh, we actually broke up," she answered. "It just wasn't working out." Jace nudged Sean's shoulder, earning himself a glare from his curly-haired friend.

"I'm sorry," Sean said sincerely. Maeve sighed.

"It's okay. It was mutual." She smiled. Suddenly, Closer by The Chainsmokers started to play. Sean instantly cringed.

"Oh God, I hate this song," he said. Jace laughed. Maeve held a hand to her heart dramatically, her mouth agape.

"What? I love it!" she exclaimed. "C'mon, you're dancing to this song with me."

"Uh, I think I'll pass-"

"Come on!" She grabbed Sean's arm and dragged him to the dance floor. Jace grinned and gave him two thumbs up.

"Aw, they'd be cute together," Riele said. He agreed.

"Where'd Ella go?" he asked. Riele turned to see her friend gone to her surprise. So much for always being by my side, she thought.

"I don't know," she answered.

"Wanna dance?" he asked, a goofy grin on his face.

"Um, I'd rather not-"
"Come on. You asked me to be your date, didn't you?" She rolled her eyes when he grinned at her cheekily.

"Fine." Riele took Jace's offered hand and the blonde led her to the dance floor. He goofily sang along to the lyrics and bopped to the beat, causing Riele to laugh. She danced along, twirling around when he lifted her hand to spin her. By the end of the song, the two couldn't stop laughing at each others' dancing.

"Wow, nice moves, Ri," he told her when they stepped away from the dance floor.

"I try," she smirked.

"I'll go get you some punch," he told her before heading off. Riele smiled to herself as she went to sit on an empty couch.