Can't Be Friends

I wanted most of this chapter to be about how Terrence, Rod, Saun, Zane, Monie, Caesar, Pleasure, Milan, Mariah, Skyler and Champy act as a group. How good they are as friends.

I was so confused about what I was gonna put in this chapter and y'all really helped me out. I actually thought nobody was going to comment, it's barely four days since I uploaded this book and I already have some people obsessed with it. Thank you so much, I feel like I never thank y'all enough. I try to not seem like one of those stuck up writers on here because I'm not, and on the next updates, I'll be sure to make a dedication to y'all but just in case I forget to list the names, comment 'Dedication' or something so I won't forget. Thank you for helping me along because with out y'all I wouldn't of believed in myself as a writer! *inserts kissy face emoji*

Not as long as I wanted it to be but y'all would of probably been asleep if I added some more detail but I'll just save that for the next chapter.

If anybody has kiked me, my iPod is currently missing it's charger so.. waiting for a new charger to come in and trying to find one in the mean time.

(3) Can't Be Friends

" And I wish we never did it, And I wish we never loved it, And I wish I never fell so deep in love with you and now ain't no way we can be friends." - Trey Songz

Pleasure turned around, her eyes still closed. She moved her hand for it to come in contact with smooth skin. She opened her eyes to see Caesar asleep, one arm wrapped around her while the other was in his pants.. like every man slept.

She sighed before sitting up, why didn't she let him out? Why did she cry to sleep in his arms and invite him into her bed once again?

She stood slowly before walking out of her room. She was met with the smell of bacon and eggs.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty." Mariah told her before pushing a plastic plate in front of Pleasure where she took her seat.

"Morning." She sighed, she already knew she looked like shit.

"Girl, cheer up." Champy said as she went to the speakers before plugging her phone in and turning the music up.

"Damn, what y'all doing in here?" Caesar asked as he walked in, his tattooed chest on display while his hands were stuffed in his sweatpants pockets.

"Bird chest." Skylar chuckled.

"Whatever." Caesar replied while taking a seat next to Pleasure and leaning down to plant a kiss on her lips before looking at her hair with a smile, "I like your hair."

A loud knock on the door came making Mariah smile and jump up. Champy shook her head and watched as all the men walked in along with Monie.

Rod picked up Mariah, kissing all over her face.

"Goddamn, who playing this sap shit?" Suan asked as he walked in talking about the drake album Champy had playing.

"What's wrong with some sap shit once in a while?" Champy asked as she glared at Suan before going to the playlist titled Zane that was filled with all of Zane's favorite songs.

As soon as FDB played through the speakers Monie stood up.

"Don't do it, bruh." Caesar shook his head as Monie started doing his lil dance to the song.

"I kilt it right?" Monie asked as Champy turned the song.

"Nigga, sit yo ass down please." Champy chuckled.

Pleasure gasped as her song came on before standing up with the girls behind her.

"I know when you were little girls. You dreamt of being in my world. Don't forget it, don't forget it. Respect that, bow down bitches (Crown!). I took some time to live my life. But don't think I'm just his little wife. Don't get it twisted, get it twisted. This my shit, bow down bitches. Bow down bitches, bow bow down bitches (Crown). Bow down bitches, bow bow down bitches (Crown)."

They all sung along while grabbing the others hips as dancing to the beat.

"You wake up, flawless. Post up, flawless. Ride round in it, flawless. Flossin on that, flawless. This diamond, flawless. My diamond, flawless. This rock, flawless. My rock, flawless. I woke up like dis, I woke up like dis. We flawless, ladies tell 'em. I woke up like dis, I woke up like dis. We flawless, ladies tell 'em. Say I, look so good tonight. God damn, God damn. Say I, look so good tonight. God damn, God damn, God damn."

"Yeah, y'all woke up like dat." Terrence laughed as he ate a piece of bacon.

"Tell me that ain't in yo playlist?" Rod asked Zane.

"I woke up flawless!" Zane laughed as he sat Champy on his lap while the others did the same.

"Damn." Monie sighed as he looked around at the couples, thinking of Mya.

"I told you to hit her up." Caesar told him after drinking down his orange juice.

Pleasure slid out of Caesars lap and stood since all the seats were taken.

"You don't wanna sit down?" Caesar asked as he looked down at her.

"No, I'ma go take a shower." He nodded and she picked up her empty plate before throwing it in the trash along with her plastic fork.

She slowly walked upstairs before going into her bedroom. She thought of the last words they spoke last night, I love you. She hated how they could just throw that word around so easily, she meant it but she wondered if he did.

She closed her door before pulling off her wife beater along with her sweat pants.

She opened her bathroom door before starting the warm water. Turning the hot tab all the way before adding a little cold water. She entered the shower before opening the glass door and letting her mind wander. Places it didn't need to be..

Twelve-year-old Pleasure looked down at Caesar in disgust. Mr. Conlen had to assign him as her science partner.

"Stop playing with it!" Pleasure groaned as she looked at the dissected frog that Caesar kept messing with.

Caesar moved the scalpel away from the frog before looking up at Pleasure with a smirk.

"You cute." He told her, watching as a light blush showed on her mixed skin.

"Shut up." She mumbled before looking at the work they had to do with the dissection and grabbing her pencil.

"Why yo name Pleasure?" Caesar asked with his eyebrows furrowed.

Pleasure looked back with a frown, "Why'd your mom name you Caesar?!"

"Because it means ruler, a king." He told her, biting his lip as he watched her shyness slowly disappear.

"You're stupid, now do your work." She said, ignoring his fascinated stare.

Caesar laid his head on Pleasure's shoulder as his hand rubbed her thigh.

"Trent, stop it." Pleasure whispered as her breathing sped up.

"Why?" He asked. Pleasure were in their senior year, currently in history class. The class they sat together in, the class that she and Caesar sat in the back in, and the class she and Caesar were failing desperately in.

"I'm trying to pay attention." She said, trying to move his hand.

"You can do that." He told her and inched his hands up higher. His finger lightly brushed against her covered pusśy, causing a moan to come from her mouth.

"Miss Margery! Mr. Andrews!" The teacher shouted causing both of them to look up, all eyes on them including a chuckling Monie.

Pleasure washed her body, the water soothing her body. After a full twenty minutes, she stepped out of the shower before wrapping a towel around her.

She was met by Caesar laying in her bed, fully clothed.

"I'm bout to leave, I gotta get ready and meet up at the crib with the boys." Caesar spoke, watching as she put on her under clothes before making her way to the closet.

"Mhmm." She mumbled before walking into her closet.

"What you Mhmm-ing for?" He asked as he stood up.

"Have fun, don't worry bout coming back." Pleasure spoke while pulling out a red sweat shirt along with a red and white striped tube skirt.

She slid on the dress before pulling the sweat shirt on.

Caesar watched her dress before walking out and shaking his head. She really thought she was gone get him away that easily.

Pleasure slipped on her Timberland heels before putting on her jewelry.

______________________________________

Pleasure looked around as she walked in the club. Champy grabbed her arm, walking straight to the dance floor along with the rest of the girls.

Champy grabbed Pleasure's hand, sinking down before shaking her hips back up. Pleasure laughed before turning around and doing the same.

Soon, she had danced with all the girls. Milan was sipping on her drink while Pleasure continued to dance with Mariah along with Skyler. Soon Champy was pulled away from her, Pleasure turned around to see Zane and Champy against each other, kissing as always.

If Zane was here, she knew the rest of them were including Caesar.

Hands grabbed her waist and she already knew who it was, "Caes-" she said before turning to the person, "Julian?"

"Damn." He whispered with a huge smile on his face. To make a long story short, Julian had the biggest crush on Pleasure during high school but cause of Caesar, they couldn't be more than friends and after graduation they just lost touch.

"What?" Pleasure asked, looking up at him.

"You done...changed. For the better though." He commented.

"Thank you." She chuckled.

"I like the hair." He said with a small chuckled.

"Thank you again." She said with a small smile.

"I've seen you in magazines a thousand times, wondering how would it have been if I ended up with you. Damn girl." He said with a grin.

He was straight-forward, to the point. Pleasure couldn't say she didn't like that.

She was pushed against a hard chest, she already recognized the person as Caesar from the tattoo on his arms.

"Caesar, been a long time." Julian commented while Caesar moved his eyes from Pleasure and to Julian.

"Who you?" He asked as Pleasure tried to move from his grip, but he held her to him.

"Julian, Julian Denise from high school?"

"Oh," Julian said before sliding his hands up Pleasure sides, to the public eye it hid the death grip he had on her.

"It was nice seeing you again, Pleasure. Maybe we'll meet up again?"

Pleasure couldn't hope but smile, "we will."

Julian gave her one last grin before nodding at Caesar and walking away.

"The fùck do you think you doing?" Caesar asked as he turned her to look at him.

"Talking to a old friend." Pleasure said pushing him away.

"Make sure it stay like that." Caesar replied.

"You ain't nobody daddy, so stop acting like it and calm yo ass down." Pleasure replied as she rolled her eyes.

"You needa stop with that damn attitude." He told her before glancing over to a woman that stood in a corner looking like she was waiting for someone.

"Well who she?" Pleasure asked, sucking her teeth.

"Who?" Caesar asked, turning his attention to her.

"The bitch you was just looking at, who else!"

"Nobody, you needa lower yo voice."

Pleasure chuckled, it was funny. Funny how long she kept up with his shit, funny how long she let him keep running back after he put her last. This time she was gone laugh because none of that was gone happen this time.

"When you get your priorities right, talk to me." She said before getting ready to turn around and stopping, "with respect and tell yo hoe I said hey."

He grabbed her waist before she could move, "What you on?"

"On something new cause you definitely are. You either can learn what respect and loyalty is or can be left behind because I'm tired of always being there for you but you never have time for me. You the first person on my schedule, always and I'm always last on yours. So when I move on, don't come running back." She said before turning back, ignoring him and the rest of the group that gave confused looks.

Pleasure rested her head on her steering wheel. She was so proud of herself but then again she felt stupid. She felt like she could of done better, that her words didn't change nothing.

She hated how she was so in love with him and he kept playing her. She hated how she was stupid enough to know he was and still stayed down. She hated how she held him down and he never said one thank you.

He would never find another like her and she knew that. She didn't want his fake ass apologies and no meaning love you's.

She wish she never met him, she wished she never became his lab partner in seventh grade. She wished she could turn everything around.

She wondered why she allowed herself to get hurt but regretted it when she felt the pain.

She sighed and wiped away the years on her face and looked down at her phone that vibrated.

Caesar: Can we still be friends?

She already knew the answer. She jumped when a knock came on her window.

Julian stood with a smile that changed into a frown when he saw the mascara falling down her face.

"You good?" He asked.

"Just need some air." She sighed.

"Wanna talk about it?"

"Not here."

"How about Waffle House?"

A faint smile showed on her pink lips, "Sure? I'll meet you there?"

He nodded with a smile before walking to his car.

Maybe talking to another male would help..

______________________________________

Monie stood at the door, his hands in his pocket as he waited for her to open it.

He slowly looked up as he heard her locks unlock and was met by Mya's face.

"Mon-" before she could get his name out, he had both hands on the sides of her face as his lips met hers.

She gasped and his tongue was already in her mouth. The door was closed, locked and he was already making his way to her bedroom...