My Step Brother (19)

Oh my gosh. This has so many views. I really don't have many ideas, so I'll probably end it soon. I'm not sure. I am working on new stories, so please please please check them out. They are most important ^_^ I am glad you've liked this story. ^^ Honestly, I didn't know this would get so reads! Enjoy... MD

'''''''''''''''''''''

“Hey.”

“Oh hey.” She just glanced at me. She said no other words. We all came home and sat at the dinner table.

“Your mom and I are planning to get married soon. We have enough preparations, that the wedding might be a few weeks early. I looked up across from me. Michelle said no word, but she kept eating. I know something was unusual for her. She would usually say something if her dad mention the wedding. “So today, after dinner, I decided it'd be nice if we went camping.”

“I don't like camping dad.” She finally looked up. “Plus, I'm busy, so you three can go. I've got to work.”

“Well sorry. I called in and told them you weren't going to work overtime today. I want you to spend time with us a family. You're going to accept her as your new mom.”

“Dad, are you serious?”

“Yes, now go pack. We're leaving at seven.”

“Oh my gosh. I hate you so much right now.” She stormed out. I sat silently.

“Sorry Alex. She has a bad temper. But don't worry.”

“Uh, no problem. Does she not liking camping?”

“No she does. Before her mom died, we used to do it as a family. She probably won't accept it with a new mom.”

“Oh okay. I'll go pack now also.”

“Oh Alex. You're rooming with her in a tent also. I stopped by the shop, and they only had two tents. Sorry.”

“Um, that's fine. We can bond I guess.” Oh great. I'm sharing a tent with her.

We ended leaving at six thirty instead. I sat the back with Michelle. She was on her phone listening to music. Once we arrived, the site wasn't too bad. It was a little windy, but good enough for camping.

“Okay guys, give me all your electronics.”

“Are you serious?” He gave her a look.

“Yes, I am serious. Give me all of them. Even you Alex.” I handed mine immediately. “Now, you two go set up your tent somewhere. I don't care where. As long as you guys know where you are I am fine. No messing around. This is a family bonding trip.” I went over and grabbed her arm.

“Let's go sis!” I tried to speed walk away from them. I grabbed the equipment and safety kit.

“Why did you grab my arm?”

“Because you looked like you wanted to get away from them.”

“Oh, thanks Alex.”

“No problem.” We ended up setting up as far as possible near a river. She was so pissed at them. “So, do you like camping?” She handed me the materials.

“Yeah, I just like doing it right after what happened to my mom. Sorry Alex, but I don't like your mom. I wish my mom was still here. This was our tradition.”

“Oh.”

“It's fine I guess. Are we done?”

“Uh yeah. It's starting to get late. I think it's like eight thirty or something right now. Are you hungry?”

“I'm fine. I guess we can make a campfire?”

“Uh yeah. Smores too?” She looked up back at me. She smiled. I haven't seen her smile in so long.

“Oh haha, sure. You can build the campfire. I'll prepare the smores then.”

Within about minutes, everything was done. I was wondering how my mom and her dad was doing. It was actually kind of nice having it far away from them. No worries. She grabbed some skewers and put three marshmallows on them. Then we just enjoyed the night. It was quiet at first. But as the night got darker, there was more to say than usual.

“So, do you and your mom like to do these things?”

“Um my mom don't do things like this,” I answered.

“Oh sorry,” she said softly. “Do you want more?”

“Um no. So I guess we're going to be a family I guess.”

“Uh yeah.”

“You're fine with it?” She looked up. She didn't know what to say.

“Umm. I'm just going to stand by the river now. You can enjoy the rest.”

“Oh okay. Be careful though.”

She walked over by the river. She was standing looking up into the sky. I decided to clean up and walk into the tent. I laid down thinking about everything. What were her thoughts about the marriage? Did she want to leave me? Did she even still love me?

I heard a splash in the water. At first I thought I thought I was hearing wrong. I heard a voice cough. Specifically it was specifically Michelle's cough. I unzipped the opening of the tent and walk towards the river. I look into the river and I see her. How did she end up into the river? She was practically in the middle of the river. She was drowning. Oh gosh. She was drowning. I had no other choice but jump in. She was still coughing. She was starting to drown. I was close enough to grab her. I carried her near the campfire where she could stay warm. I laid her on top my old jacket.

“Michelle,” I said loudly. “Michelle. Michelle. Wake up.” Her eyes were still closed. She gave no response now. She wasn't even coughing. “It's not funny if you're lying. Please. Please. Wake up.” I had no other choice but give her CPR. “Michelle, please wake up...”

--

aigoo. I will continue if few more chapters I think.

Please check out my two recent stories I started. ^^