Prologue

Thirty minutes left.

Thirty minutes until her shift was over. Thirty minutes until she had to go home to her stepfather. Thirty minutes.

She saw Damon walk up to the bar, a look of regret on his face. Her breath hitched slightly, watching him as he sat down next to Mr. Saltzman. She looked at the clock, 29 minutes left.

"Bourbon." Damon said, before turning to the teacher. She nodded, quickly making the drink and passing it over to Damon. He didn't even acknowledge her, just took a sip of his bourbon and continued talking. 

Alaric realized that Damon hadn't said anything to Ali, his favorite student, so he gave her an appreciative nod. Ali smiled back before returning to her thoughts.

'Of course he wouldn't talk to me.' Allison thought to herself. Why would he? He was hot, obviously popular seeing that he was friends with Elena and Caroline, and rich. Allison was just someone who worked at the grill, saving up money so that she could leave Mystic Falls and build a life for herself.

"Klaus, I presume." Allison heard the raven haired man say. His expression annoyed, his posture tense.

"In the flesh. Thanks for the loaner, mate." The guy, Klaus, said in a deep British accent. Allison found herself inching closer, desperate to hear their conversation.

Klaus was definitely attractive in Ally's eyes. His shirt gripping his body perfectly, his blue eyes hypnotizing. She stared at Klaus, a little too long, analyzing his demeanor. He was confident, powerful even.

Klaus glances at Allison, a smirk on his face. She immediately looks away, her cheeks heating up in embarrassment. He walks away, leaving an angered Damon and an embarrassed Allison at the grill. She glances up at Damon, who notices right away.

"What?" He asked, taking his anger out on the brunette.

"Nothing, sorry." She said meekly, immediately backing away. She looked at the clock again, 18 minutes. 

•••

"Did you get me the beer I asked for?" Dean said, slurring slightly.

"You never asked for it." Allison said quietly. She even checked her phone, no messages.

"Well I know for a fact that I did." He sneers, getting up from his spot on the couch. "Ya callin' me a liar?"

"No sir. It's just maybe you forgot -" She started to ramble but stopped when she felt a pain across her left cheek. She instinctively rose her hand to the red spot, looking fearfully at her stepfather.

"Get it. Now." He commanded before walking away again. Allison immediately got the cash off of the kitchen counter, before scurrying away to her car.

Driving as fast as she could without breaking the speed limit, she made her way back to the grill. The store would be closed by now, leaving her no choice but the town's grill. And as she searched, she found that they in fact bad no beer. She silently cursed before making her way back to the house. As she opened the door, she saw a very angry Dean sitting on the couch.

"What took you so long?" Dean asked gruffly.

"They didn't have any beer, I'm sorry sir." She said quietly. Dean rushed up to her, grabbing her by the collar.

"You shittin' me? I asked you to do one thing and you can't even do that. Exactly like your mother, a pathetic excuse of a human being." He laughed a humorless laugh, "Who am I kiddin'? If you's heart can't work right how can anything else?"

At this point, Allison was in tears. She knew that she had heart problems, but that shouldn't mean that she should be looked down on. Conginental heart disease was tough, yes, but she could handle it. At least she thought she could.

•••

I'm sorry this is so short! This story will loosely follow the vampire diaries, but it will be more of an au.

Thanks for reading!