02

Allison White awoke from her slumber, groaning slightly as she rose from her bed. She looked to the nightstand on her left, grabbing for the pill bottle before taking her medication. The medication she took to help her blood pressure to aid her weak heart. Literally and figuratively, her heart was broken and she didn't know how much longer it could take before it stopped working.

She willed herself to get up from the bed, dressing to start the day. The now awake girl walked on her toes as she tried to silently walk past her father's room, sighing a breath of relief when she heard the soft snores from the other side of the door.

Quickly going towards the kitchen, she pulled her long brown hair into a ponytail and made her usual tea and scrambled eggs. Hearing a stomping towards the kitchen, the girl swiftly grabbed her keys and phone before making her way towards the grill.

Matt greeted Ally with a smile in which she returned. It had been a couple weeks after he lent her the beer, and she was grateful that he hadn't brought it up again.

"Hey Ally." He said with his usual upbeat tone. "Excited for tonight?"

"What's tonight?" She asked, a look of confusion overcoming her precious facial features, her dark natural eyebrows furrowing.

"C'mon don't tell me you forgot. It's the one night that we can get payback on those bitchy teachers." Matt joked, raising his arms to prove a point.

"Oh I'm not going to that" Ally whispered, putting her head down and starting to rub the white towel along the bar.

"Why?"

"Doctors appointment."

Matt fell silent, knowing of the girls health. His heart pinged with guilt before he grew a lazy smile. "Can't use that excuse forever, you're going to have to hang out with us sometime."

Ally looked up with a glimmer of hope in her eyes before giving a genuine smile. "I'll think about that." The two smiled at each other before returning back to their work. A few hours had passed and their shifts had ended. Matt had gone towards the high school while Ally made her way to the hospital. She almost followed the blonde, but decided against it and just stick to her schedule. Soon enough, the young girl arrived to the hospital almost an hour early and decided to sit in the parking lot and wait. At least she'd be away from the monster that resided in her house.

As she waited, she decided to look at the schools social media, smiling when she saw a picture of Caroline, Bonnie, Matt, Tyler, and Elena setting up red solo cups all over a class room. Seeing the time, the girl walked towards the front of the hospital and made her way to the front desk. She waited for her medication to arrive, thumping her thin legs up and down as she sat in a chair. Deciding that it was taking longer than usual, she went back up to the desk to see that the nurse's eyes were glossed over and she seemed out of it.

"I'm afraid she won't be of much use at the moment." A masculine voice said behind Ally, startling her slightly. She quickly turned around to see the same blonde man that was at the bar.