Chapter 5 - Meeting Zen and the Group

Kiroyuki's POV
'No more! I don't want to see anymore blood...' The grip that Miss Nani had on my hand tighten as the scary men enclosed any escape route for us. It was officially the end for us...

"Hand over the princess and we shall spare your life!"

'Why... Why do they want me...?!'

I didn't know what to do... I was only a blank minded rag doll that was being coursed through life as something important and fatal happened around me!

"I will never hand her to you bastards!" Miss Nani lifted up her sword as they came one by one and received a slash across their chests and  their arms flying off.

She continued to hold onto my cold and shaking hand while I was sheltering behind her. It was terrifying... Miss Nani looked like she could fall at any moment! What about Father or Mother! Or even Izana!

Then... The most regretful thing happened in front of my eyes...

.

.

Blood
.
.
.
My face was smeared with blood that flew out from Miss Nani's body.

I screamed and screamed, ignoring the pain from my lungs. My eyes were laced in fright and anxiety as two of the remaining men slashed across Miss Nani's chest as they cold heartedly cut off her right arm whole.

Screaming my lungs out, I stumbled over to grab Miss Nani's body close to mines and held her tight. I was going to lose someone precious to me and I don't have the nerves to fight back... What kind of monster am I?! I'm letting someone beloved die in front of my eyes!

"M-miss N-Nani! D-don't le-leave m-me! St-stay awake! YOU HAVE TO STAY ALIVE!" Tears were blurring my vision while two men in front of me lifted their swords above my head.

I was frozen in fear, knowing that I was going to die from an assassination in my own castle and kingdom. Still, I continued to hold onto the cold and limp body of my beloved attendee and only friend. Tears endlessly fell down onto the face of a beautiful woman.

The two men brought their swords down, but they both fell down with a shout as they were attacked from behind. I clutched onto Miss Nani and shrieked in fear of who the person was, but was filled with disbelief.

"I-Izana! You're alive! H-how?!" He kneeled down towards me with gentle eyes as he placed his sword down. "Y-you're not gonna k-kill me...?" My eyes were peeled open as I watched his every move with fear.

"No, I'm not a threat. I came to protect you. I'll explain the details later, but I'll need to take you with me." He reached out to grab my bloody hands, but I flinched back.

"No! I can't leave Miss Nani! We have to take her with us!"

"Kiroyuki-" He tried reaching my hands again, but I refused.

"No! She has to live! She has to-"

"Princess...." I gasped in relief and stared into Miss Nani's eyes filled with sadness, regret, and relief. "I'm s...sorry to leave you in such p-painful way... But you have to leave me and go with Izana... He'll p-protect y...you..." Tears were spilling out of her eyes like a rapid stream.

'She's covered in blood... Without an arm... Injured with multiple scratches... How could I leave her to die here?!'

"No! I can't-"

"Princess Kiroyuki! As your a-aide and your friend... Please... This is my final wish... Please live and survive...! I ...love you..." Her eyes slowly closed as mines eyes only widened more in fear and trauma. I didn't know what to do besides to cry and scream.