CHAPTER FOUR

SOME PEOPLE MAY  say Christianity is a religion for the weak, but I think true Christianity is for only the strong.

  What is strength? A true Christian is one who is able to supress his natural instincts and reactions, to be able to do the right thing at all times - no matter the cost. I ask you is this not strength? We are our nature. The combination of all our unique instincts and reactions to life, make us who we are. For one to supress who one is to become another, better, version of oneself. I call that strength.

  Now some of you may wonder, Does this mean that Christianity is a religion that supresses and traps an individual? Not at all. True Christianity is a beautiful gift of freedom. It's a religion that gives its devouts a purpose of living. In Christianity, you know that you're special. You know you're connected to a purpose that is bigger and more wonderful than anything you could ever try or imagine on your own. And the freedom, you might ask? It's living the God kind of life any way you want. Knowing you have someone who loves you so much, that he can't bear to take his eyes off you for a second! And this watching is not because he wants to sanction you or monitor your behavior. Instead he wants take care of you and wants to make sure you get the best of every situation, no matter the situation.

  So now you tell me friends, is it any wonder that Christians are very confident in their God?

  I know, I know. You may be wondering when I became so wise! Afterall what can a seventeen old orphan, who's lived in a ghetto all her life, possibly know about the Christian faith? But I speak not out of my own wisdom or understanding, instead I speak of what he has revealed to me as I fellowship with him. It is as I questioned the behavior of some Christians I know, towards thier faith, that he reveals this to me. He told me more, but the time is not yet right to reveal it.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

  I keep watch at Susan's bedside as she sleeps. I don't know why I was told to come to her, because since I arrived she slept. And her condition didn't look like it had worsened. I notice the bible that I kept beside her the day I tried to convert her to my new faith, and pick it up. I flip through it fondly, as some of the passages I had already read moved through my memory. I loved the book of Revelation most because it spoke of hope for a better future for God's people, despite the horrors it depicts of the last days. So I decide to read it to her. I choose a cheerful part to read.

  Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth. The first Heaven and the first earth disappeared, and the sea vanished. And I saw  the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared and ready, like a bride dressed to meet her husband. I heard a loud voice speaking from the throne: " Now God's home is with human beings! He will live with them, and they shall be his people. God himself will be with them, and he will be thier God. He will wipe away all tears from their eyes. There will be no more death, no more grief or crying or pain. The old things have disappeared."
  Then the one who sits on the throne said, " And now I make all things new!" He also said to me, " Write these, because these words are true and can be trusted." And he said, " It is done! I am the first and the last, the beginning and the end. To anyone who is thirsty I will give you the right to drink from the spring of the water of life without paying for it. Those who win the victory will receive this from me: I will be thier God, and they will be my children. But cowards, traitors, perverts, murderers, the immoral, those who practice magic, those who worship idols and all liars- the place for them is the lake burning with fire and sulphur, which is the second death."

  I shudder on the last sentence. Grateful that I have escaped that eternal punishment, and resolving to try my best to stay away from it. Suddenly, Susan opens her eyes with a panicked look in them. I set the bible aside and move to comfort her. " It's okay, Susie. I'm here." I say and caress her hair. " It was only a nightmare."

  Susie looks at me with wild eyes and her lips tremble, holding back tears. She opens her mouth in a soft whisper, " It was wonderful, until the last minute."

  Unsure of what she is speaking of I ask tentatively, " The dream?" She smiles brilliantly at me, and once more I'm reminded of the beauty she was before her illness. I smile back. " What was it about?" I ask curiously.

  " Heaven," she sighs wistfully, and I become amused. Susie rebels against everything that's connected to Christianity, so I wonder why she would dream of God's abode. She continues to speak in a dreamy tone. " It was so beautiful. There was a magnificent city, made of gold and many other precious stones. I felt better than I've ever felt before. I felt strong and beautiful again." At this tears glisten in her eyes. " But I couldn't enter the beautiful city. Instead I was redirected to a burning lake. That's when I woke up." She grips my hand with more strength than I think she has and looks at me with a plea in her eyes.

  " I don't want to go to the fire. I want to go to the beautiful city. Please don't let them make me."

  If it were in past times I would have smiled benignly at her and thought her delirious with illness. But I don't think so now. I perceive that as I read the word to her, my friend has had an encounter with God.

   That's why you were sent here.

  I here the voice of the Holy spirit and embrace the understanding that it brings. I look at my best friend with joy in my heart, knowing that while I may not be able to heal her flesh, I can give her the gift of salvation. I tighten my hold on her hand and smile affectionately. " Don't worry, Susie. I won't let that happen. I'll help you get what you want." She smiles brightly at me and sighs in happiness. " Although you have to do what I tell you, to get there, " I say seriously.

  She looks at me soberly and answers just as gravely, " Anything."

  I lead her to Christ. While in my heart I thank the one who is fast becoming my best friend.

  You're welcome, love....

*** Hi peeps. So sorry for the late post. I promise to try my best to publish a chapter regularly. Please note that the words of the Holy spirit are in bold italics, to avoid confusion between Annie's thoughts and the Holy spirit's words to her. I hope that you enjoy this chapter as well. Shout out to all those who are supporting me, it's an honor. Don't forget to vote, share and comment. Thanks:-). P.S: This Chapter's longer than the others in compensation. ***