Hatty

AN: im so sorry

Hello. I am a normal boy with the name of Alex Schmidt. I am as normal as 13 year olds get. I just have some special friends. Some friends that the average 13 year old would call... creepy... I am pretty normal, though. If you subtract my past. I am going to tell you a tale of how I came to be called Hatty. And how my story begins.

I woke up one normal Friday morning and went to school like the norm. My routine was normal. My parents were odd by being normal. They couldn't stand anything but average. I actually answered questions wrong on tests to please them. We were normal. Except for me. My condition was commonly known. I have a disorder that caused me to see the words people said. It is called Synesthesia. I have had it since birth, and it might be the reason my parents are normal freaks. I think the words are color coded. The code never fails me. I kind of had no friends. All of the students in my middle school thought I was a freak. I didn't care. The words they spoke were always orange, or lies. I had two friends out of my age group: A 5th grader named Timbo and a Freshman named Danny. I was a 7th grader. Altogether, we all seemed to be the odd band of freaks. But back to the story. I walked up to the bus stop and waited for Danny to show up.

"Hey Alex!" she said, "I was talking to Timmy last night, and I hear the college that his sister goes to has had a mass murder by, and I quote, some 'thing'. He sounds a little scared by this. What do you think?"

"I think that as long as you wear those ears I will never take you seriously." She laughed.

We always met up at the bus stop, but never rode the bus. As we walked down the street, we would stop at Timbo's house and pick him up. So when he came, I told him my opinion.

"If there is a monster, then it is done doing what it did. We should be fine. If you are concerned about your sister, don't be. The students were all cultists, from what I heard." Danny flinched and looked away. "Oh! Sorry Danny. I don't think you are in a cult. Unless you include Homestuck... That doesn't count, right?"

They both shake their head laughing. My joke worked to lighten the mood.

We walked to the elementary school and dropped Timbo off. Danny told me about the progress in her video game, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap. That seemed to be her new obsession. I sighed and bid her goodbye. Middle School. More like hell. I started to walk up to the school, when I saw a tall figure. It was a high school girl. She was extremely pale, and had short hair like Danny. Her bangs were longer than the hair at the back of her head. She had three white highlights in her hair. The girl was wearing an outfit like Maka Albarn  from Soul Eater. She was smoking a cigarette and leaning against the wall. She looked over at me with golden eyes. She looked like Maka and Death the kid love child. Curse you, Danny, for making everything be related to anime!

"Hey kid." Oh no she noticed me! "Are you staring at me? Because I am hungry. Either go to school or get eaten."

I was shocked at how apathetic she sounded. I couldn't care less if I died. Inside, none of me and my friends did. Even Timbo, though he masked it with happiness. So I stayed outside.

"Who are you? I haven't seen you before. Are you new here? The high school is over there." I said, hoping to direct her somewhere else. Instead she laughed.

"I can't believe you are actually trying to classify me with those barbaric high schoolers. I do have my eye on that cat girl though. She smells different and acts different from the rest of them. I might eat her. Heh, no. I need proxies like Dad. They are like followers. Wait, why do you care?" She said. Her words were purple: unidentified as good or bad.

"You looked lost. Please don't take her. I need her to hold onto my sanity." She smirked.

"You aren't afraid of me? I like you, boy. I think I'll watch you for a while. Go to class." This time, they were pink: trustworthy. In class, I covered my ears as everyone shot green words at me. I couldn't see through it all. So I tried to block it out. Someone yanked at one of my arms and I yelled in pain as my eyes were flooded with apple green. It faded away as everyone went silent. I heard whispers of red as they all went to class. I felt everything slipping away as they ran from my body on the floor. Before I went unconscious, I saw a couple teachers run to my aid. But what I saw right before blacking out completely scared me the most. I looked down the hall and saw a tall figure in a long unbuttoned coat. Without hearing anything, I saw the words, 'I see. I am always open in a human embrace.'