The start of something new

Next morning as Drew approached school gates he saw Millie waiting for him, so he gave her a quick smile as he approached her. Millie said "Good morning, are you ready for this."
"Millie I am so ready."
As they walked towards their form room they chatted away. Drew said "Millie its Thanksgiving today, I know we are in the uk but my parents still want to celebrate it, they have got so much food in it's ridiculous. What I want to know is after school would you like to come to my house to have thanksgiving dinner with my parents, my sister Kacey and me?"
"Wait, you only met me yesterday and you are inviting me to dinner."
"Yes I know that but I was telling my mom about you last night and how nice you have been to me."
"Does your sister come to this school too?"
"Yes she starts tomorrow, I think she will love you."
"I will come to yours, thank you for asking me, it is very kind of you."
"Millie it's no problem. Come on let's get to lesson."

All Millie could do during the day was think of going to Drew's house.

School was so boring that day and time seemed to go so slowly. 3:15 came so it was time to go home.
As Millie and Drew were leaving school Drew could see everyone watching them so he said " You don't have to come to mine if you don't want to."
Millie knew why Drew was saying that so she said "Drew take no notice of them lot. I go where I want to go not where my so called friends tell me to go. Now come on let's give them something to talk about."
With that Millie just hooked arms with Drew and they carried on walking off school grounds. Outside the gates Drew told Millie he could see his moms car parked over the road and that she was taking them to his home. Millie started to become nervous as they walked to the car. When they got to the car, Drew was such a gentleman he opened the car door and said "Mom this is Millie the girl I was telling you about, she has been really good to me again today"
Millie got into the car and said "Hello Mrs Dirksen thank you for inviting me to Thanksgiving dinner."
"It will be our pleasure. Drew there is a surprise for you at home."
With that Drew got in the car and his mom drove for about 20 minutes. When the car pulled up outside the house Millie said " Wow this is a nice house."
They went into the house and Millie was amazed about how nice and tidy. "Drew show Millie around the house, oh your surprise is in your room"
Drew showed Millie up to his room while his mom got the dinner ready. Millie said "Drew this place is lovely."
Drew opened the door to his room, screamed like a girl and ran and gave this, blonde haired boy a big bear hug then said "Nate what are you doing here, why didn't you tell me you were coming?"
"Because I didn't know if it would happen because I am not here for a visit."
"Hang on , Millie this is Nate my best friend from Ohio. Nate this is Millie she has been my friend at school."
Millie turned to go, Drew said " Where are you going?"
"Are you kidding, Drew you don't need me now your best friend is here now, so I am going to go home. I will see you at school tomorrow. Enjoy the Thanksgiving meal. Bye Nate it was nice meeting you."
Millie walked away, so Drew said "Excuse me Nate." and went after Millie.
"Millie stop. I invited you here because you are my friend and you were really good to me yesterday. "
"But Nate is here for you now."
"Behave you can be my friend too. Come on come and get to know Nate properly."
"Okay."
They went back into Drew's room, where Millie sat on Drew's bed while the two boys fooled about a little. At one point they all sat down and Nate asked both Millie and Drew about school. Millie said "Nate are you going to be going to the same school, been as you are staying here with Drew."
"Yes I am starting tomorrow and as far as I know I am going to be in the same classes as you two."
"Would you like me to show you round, I don't mind if you don't."
"Of course I want you to show me, because us three together will be better than me on my own."
Drew's mom shouted up that food was ready, so the three of them went downstairs. Millie was introduced to Kacey and Drew's dad. Then they all sat down to eat. During the meal Mille sat talking to Kacey, she was telling her all about school, because Kacey was also starting school the next day.
For Millie, Thanksgiving meal, was like Christmas dinner with Turkey and all that goes with turkey.
After a couple of hours later Drew's mom said they could go and chill upstairs. When they were up in Drew's room, Millie sat on the bed and watched the best pals muck about. After a few minutes Millie said "Nate what made you come over here when it would of been just as easy to stay in America?"
"Drew has been gone for weeks and I couldn't concentrate so my dad got in touch with Drew's mom and they arranged everything."
"How long have you two been friends then"
"Over 10 years well it could be longer than that."
"I think it is great that you have been friends for so long. I hear you both play instruments, what do you play Nate?"
"Drums do they have instruments in school?"
"Yes the music department is really good."
Drew said " Oh Millie can you imagine what the girls at school are going to be like tomorrow when they see you with me, Nate and Kacey."
"Oh my god they were staring enough today it will be worse tomorrow when Nate and Kacey are there too."