Author's Note

We have finally come to the end of Soul Seeker Book 1.

Writing this story was, and always is, a magical experience. It has gone through 6 drafts over 6 years, and this one is the most special of all of them. 

My journey with Soul Seeker started when I was 11 - 11 years ago! - and wrote my first book, an 80-page document about wolves and mountains. As you can see, I haven't changed. I even tried to get my poor mum to publish it by ringing Bloomsbury and I remember standing by her side, straining to listen to the woman's response over the phone. And so it was at age 11 that I received my first official publishing rejection, but it didn't deter me. I kept on writing about wolves and mountains. And along came a feisty huntress with golden curls who stalked into my mind and demanded attention...

Soul Seeker has grown along with my writing style. I've fallen in love with every single character. I've come up with last-minute plot ideas which left me hopping around my room in excitement. The characters have all grown and evolved throughout my time writing them.

If you're reading this, thank you for sticking with Ciara and I. I hope you enjoyed reading her adventure as much as I've enjoyed writing it! Not that it ends here...

Part 1 is over, but there are 2 more installments which will follow on from this chapter! The journey has really only just begun for these characters - there are a lot more guardians and magic and enemies further down the road...

Do you have a favourite scene, favourite character? Least favourite?

Thank you for reading! And thank you for reading this Author's Note. 

Honestly, there are no words for how I'm feeling right now as I type this, which is very ironic, considering I'm a writer to the core. 

This story owns my heart. I hope that one day it might capture someone else's heart, too.

*

BOOK 2

SHIELD BREAKER

COMING SOON...