18: Aries Season pt II

Leah and Zak were out for quite a while since the incident with the videotapes. Since she ran, Chloe has been eagerly waiting for Leah to come back so she could apologize. The guilt that's been building up in her after seeing the broken look on her sister's face, and that it is her birthday, is eating her up inside.

But they never came back, not for a while at least, around ten in the morning did they finally come back to the house. And the reason for that is they were so comfortable, quiet, and peaceful that they both fell asleep on the hammock with birds singing in the morning as their lullabies.

The only reason they came back inside after they finally woke up is that they remembered that a party is happening for an hour from now. With hands intertwined they walk into the kitchen, Jen is making a big bowl of salad while Sammy is out back by the pool area grilling burgers and hot dogs. "Happy birthday my sweet girl!" Jen cheers seeing her daughter walk through with her boyfriend behind her. Leah blushed with an embarrassed grin.

"Thanks..." she says with a grin, "when is Jess going to be here?"

"She told me they are on their way." Jen smiles "Where have you two been all morning?"

"At the hammock"

"Ooh, it's nice up there isn't it?"

Leah smiles and nods"Yeah"

"It's so nice we fell asleep for a few hours" Zak laughs scratching the back of his neck, her mother smirking at that answer.

"Oh I don't blame you, I love it up there. Did you take care of the animals this morning?"

"Oh god I forgot" Leah runs her hands over her face "I did the horses, I'll do it now."

"Thank you, dear, I'm sure Chloe and Aaron will help, and make Danny help as well, I just want the animals taken care of before Jess gets here so we can start the party!"

Leah nods her head, "Okay...I'll go grab Danny then.." Leah disconnects her hands from her boyfriend's and she exits the kitchen into the living room. Zak watches as she leaves, waiting to make sure she's as far as possible before he walks over to her.

Jen smiles seeing Zak here, "She's a lovely lady isn't she?" Jen asks while separating the lettuce into the bowl.

"She's amazing." Zak nods in agreement, then leaned in "Hey uh, can you do something for me?"

"Sure sweetheart, what do you need?"

"Can you wrap some presents for me?"

Jen smiled "I can," she nodded "Are they for Leah?"

"They are," Zak nods. "Wrapping gifts is not my expertise and they...well one of them...is extra special and should be wrapped nicely."

"Well, leave them in my room, and when I go back up there to change I will wrap them before coming back downstairs."

Zak smiled "Got it, thanks so much Jen" He wrapped an arm around her for a side hug, and Jen smiled wide and leaned on him for a hug back.

"You're welcome, sweetheart."

Leah walks upstairs, then over to Danny's room, with her middle knuckle she taps his door multiple times. "Danny?" Leah says calmly, her ear up to the door waiting to hear him. "Danny, can you help me with the farm animals please?" She opens the door and Danny is playing a video game on his console. "Danny?"

"After this!" Danny says pointing to his TV, he must be on a round, Leah just sighs and sits down next to him and watches him playing his game, if she lets him he will help after.