Slip Up

Normani
Grace walks over to me sitting down next to Dinah and I. I pick her up and put her in my lap. She rest her head on my chest playing with my fingers. "You feeling better stitch?" Dinah ask poking Graces side. Grace shrug her head not fully okay. She's  still a little shaken up from the whole thing that just happen.

Grace looks up to see everyone looking at her. I'm playing with her hair rocking side to side. We all sit on the ground for a little longer just looking at each other. It's not a awkward silents but a good silents. Grace tugs on my  sleeve getting my attention. I leans down towards her so She can talk.

"Do you think the pancakes are ready?" She whispers at me. A small smile comes onto my face. "I think they are," I whisper back to her. She gets off my lap and walks down the stairs into the kitchen. We follow her downstairs to see her and Ally laughing and talking. It looks so cute.

We all sit around the counter eating pancakes after pancakes. Trust me when you have Ally's food you could eat forever. "All done," Grace says. I look down at her plate to see a full two pancakes still there. "Ally how many did you give her?" I ask Ally. Ally looks over to Grace's plate.

"I gave her two," Ally says. Wait how if there's two still on the plate. Did she even eat. I look down at Grace but she's already gone. This girl has a story. What it is I have no clue. But I think everyone wants to hear it. I excuse myself from the table to check on Grace.

I walk up the stairs and knock on her door. "Who's there?" She asks. "Its me baby Normani," I say. I hear feet walking across the floor and than the door opens. I walk into her room and sit on her bed. She goes back over to her desk and starts drawing again. "Grace can I ask you something?" I say.

She nods her head telling me she's listening. Ok well here it goes. "Why aren't you eating anything?" I ask. She doesn't say anything for a while. All you hear is the pencil against the paper. I get up to leave when I feel someone grabs my hand. I look down to see Grace holding my hands.

I kneel down so she can talk to me. She takes a deep breath for talking. "I'm sorry. I'm not used to all this. Every time my mom gets a babysitter they leave and come back the last day. So its all so new for people to still be around," she explains. This is so sad. Our poor Grace.

Grace
I look at my toes after telling mani about what's been going through my mind. "Want to see the girl is?" Mani says. I shake my head and we walk out of my room and down the hall. I keep my head low as we pass by the pictures on the wall. We get to the stairs and walk down them.

We walk into the kitchen to see everyone sitting at the counter talking. My plate of pancakes are still there though. I feel someone pick me up and put me in the chair. I pick up my fork and take a small piece of pancake. Surprised this are actually really good. I take another small bite.

I'm trying so hard to make the girls happy. After one forth of my pancakes done I place my fork down. I look up to see all the girls has left. Its just Lauren and Camila here. "In done," I whisper looking down. I feel someone lift my chin to see Camila looking at me. She smiles at me kissing my nose.

Lauren walks over to me wrapping an arm around me. I break down crying in their arms. Lauren picks me up rocking me side to side. I'm not even inn my four year old state. "Its ok Grace we got you," Lauren says into my ear. I hold her tighter not ever wanting to leave her arms.

After a while my crying sup sides and I'm just resting in Lauren's arms. She's still rocking me back and forth. I feel myself slip up into mg state. I start whimpering a little hiding myself in her  chest. I start crying again. "Its ok Gracie we got you," Lauren says in my ear.

I look up from her shoulder to see Camzi looking at me. I make grabby hands at her tears coming down my face. Lauren puts me on Camzi's lap. Camzi wraps her arms around me rubbing my back up and down. I hold on to her hiding into her arm. She holds me tight.

"C-Camzi?" I stutter out looking up at her. Camila looks down at me wiping away the tears from my eyes. I want to get better I can't do it on my own though. "Baby girl what's up?" Camila asks me. I fiddle with my thumbs for a while before looking up at her. I close my eyes so it will be easier.

"I need help... But I can't do it alone..." I manage to get out. One the words are out I can't take them back. I feel someone poke my side so I look up. Camila and Lauren are look in for at me with the brightest smile ever. Wait why? Camila hugs me tight kissing me over and over again.

Lauren
I can't even right now! She asked for help willing. I can't believe she came out. I know how hard it is to confess that you need help. But here she is asking for our help. I look down at her to see her sitting in Camila's lap playing with her fingers. I kneel down so I can see her.

"Grace you what to know a secret?" I say brushing some hair out of her face. She turn her head so she's looking right at me. I smile at her and kiss her on the head. "Your the bravest girl I've ever met," I say to her. She shakes her head and looks down at the ground. Oh boy this is sad how deep she is.

I pick her head back up and look into her eyes. She tries to look away but I hold her still. "Hey don't do that," I say to her. A few tears drip down her face but I quickly wipe them away. Camila holds her tight rocking her back and forth. Grace leans back closing her eyes.

"Gracie how about we get changed into new pajamas yeah," I tell her kneeling down. She nods her head and opens her arms. "Uppie," she yawns making grappa hands at me. I take her into my arms and head upstairs into her room. "Come on Camila I'm not picking the outfit myself," I scream to Camila.

Camila comes running up the stairs after me. We walk into Grace's room closing the door behind us. Her room is so...plan. There's no color or anything in here. Some parents she has. I walk into her closet and see no clothes. "Gracie where's your clothes baby?" I ask looking down at her.

She get out of my arms and walks over to a drawer under her bed. "Nesis," she points to a pile of clothes. I walk over to them and pull them out. There a tiger, lion, penguin, dragon, pig, cow, unicorn, and stitch. "Oh do the pig," Camila points to the pink one. I grab the pig from the pile.

"Alright Grace you want to change into your piggy onesie?" I ask her. She grabs the pig and runs into the bathroom. We wait until she comes back out. "Your so good with her lo," Camila whispers to me putting her head on mine. I put my head on hers and intertwine our fingers together.

"Well I learned from the best," I say bopping Camila's nose. She scrunches it up and sticks out her tongue. I stick mine out laughing out loud. Gosh I love Camila so much. I don't know what I would do without her. The bathroom door opens and out comes Grace. But there's tears in her eyes and she's...

I dedicate this chapter to yooooo99 and WaitWhat727 couldn't do it without you guys.