2.

I screeched her name over and over again, but her eyes still closed. I quickly ran over to her and started to shake her to force her to wake up.

"Mindy! Mindy please wake up!" I screamed.

She slightly opened her eyes and gave me a small, but sweet smile.

"I love you so much, Milly," she breathed out.

Her eyes fluttered closed and a small breath escaped her lips, and as I held her I felt every ounce of life leave her body and watched her lips gradually turn from the natural light pink to a light blue. Her skin pale and cold like ice, I knew that my sister, Mindy, was gone.

I didn't know what to do so I just did what she has always done for me, I held her close to me. I cried quietly to myself.

It wasn't until a few minutes later I heard the front door swing open and the panicked voice of my mother.

"How is she? Is she okay?" she screamed.

Once she got to the doorway I saw her face loosen and her eyes widen. I didn't know how to say Mindy was gone, so I held her body up and sobbed.

My mother fell down to her knees, buried her face into her hands as she slowly shook her head.

"No," she whispered.

She left the room to call 911.

I sat there with my dead sisters body in my arms, as I hugged her and whispered into her deaf ears.

"I love you, Mindy." I whispered, "I need you Mindy."

A few minutes later my mother entered the room and bent down by my side. She gave me a sweet smile and placed her hands on Mindy's cold body.

"Milton, I need you to let go of her now," she said softly.

"No!" I said.

"Milton, please baby. I need you to let go of her so I can bring her down to the nice men that are coming to take her," she pleaded.

"No! I can't let her go!" I sobbed.

"Milton!" my mother said demandingly.

I kissed her cheek and whispered a soft goodbye before I handed her over. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

My mother picked her up like a baby; cradling her in her arms. She kissed her forehead and started to sob again.

"Oh, Mindy," she whispered.

I followed my mom as she carried Mindy outside and handed her to men dressed in matching black shirts and khakis. They carefully took Mindy and placed her on a stretcher and put her in the back of a black car that was oddly shaped. We stood out there, watching the strange men drive away with her.

"Mom, where are they taking her?" I asked.

She looked at me with sad eyes and turned to go back into the house. Not one word from her was spoken to me since then.

The next day, my mother spent most of her time in her room grieving. She only left her room to use the bathroom.

I sat by Mindy's bed just staring at her wall which was covered by pictures of her and her friends, me and her, and any valued paper item. She would tell me that it was all of her favorite memories.

But there was one picture that I couldn't understand why she would have on her wall. It was from the day that she was diagnosed. She was crying in the chair and my mom had snapped a picture of her.

Eventually, I grew tired of staring at all the old familiar memories that were taped to her wall. I got up and started to search around her room, looking for anything that I might want to personally keep before the clear out her room. I started with her closet but there wasn't much in there. She got rid of most of her clothes when the cancer started to make her lose massive amounts of weight at a time.

Then, I searched in her dresser, where she would keep her knick-knacks and her most treasured items. In the first drawer there was an old teddy bear that she had since she was a baby, she told me his name was Kinder and that she wouldn't dare have another soul care for him. So I grabbed Kinder to keep in my room. The next few drawers didn't have much in them. But the last drawer I found a brown journal, and written inside was her little notes through out the day. I think it's called a diary actually. So I also took that.

I then moved to under her bed, where I found an old box.